1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. Ka4ge

Ka4ge Member

Hey its Ka4ge!

i just need to ask something. can you use xbox 360 live games for the regular xbox 360? or will it just break down or something?
    Also can you use normal xbox games for the 360 or will that just break down and/or get confused and not work as well?

Thanks!!!!!

2. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

Yes some xbox games are compatible with the 360 I don't know what you mean by xbox 360 live games working with the 360 I guess because they call it "360" live games.

3. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

Here is a question to ponder. Why does using FlashFXP upload files much faster to the xbox, than using FileZilla?

What settings do I need to change in FileZilla to make it upload faster?

4. WrathoPs2

WrathoPs2 Regular member

First off just a thank you in advance!

My question is:

I just got an xbox 360 elite with a benq drive and flashed the drive firmware. It reads 360 discs no problem but I tried to play burnt xbox games on it. It gives and error and won't load them. It should read burnt xbox 1 games though correct? I only tried a couple maybe ill try a few more. I did try ones that were listed as working here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360 Thanks!

5. irish80ca

irish80ca Regular member

Hi everyone.

I just got an xbox 360 for Christmas. My first console in 20 years. Seriously. My parents took my original Nintendo away from me for playing it to much. Hopefully the wife doesn't do the same with my xbox, lol.

Anyway, since this is the thread to ask any xbox question here goes:

I'm unable to get my pc and my xbox to talk to each other. I've got the xbox plugged into the network but it doesn't see my laptop. The laptop has Zune Media Player as well as Windows Media Player Version 11 (but I guess there's no Windows Media Centre on my PC). I've gone to the library tab and selected Sharing but the xbox still does not see it.

I've done some googling and come across the occational forum mentioning something about changing the pc's IP address. This is over my head. I'm a "plug and play" type of person.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a Step by Step tutorial on setting this up? I basically want to us it to stream movies & music from my PC to the xbox.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

6. kevin32

kevin32 Member

Hi, Iam still a noob at this but can't seem to find it anywhere. I want to play Conker: Live & Reload on xbox 360. Even though this game is Xbox do i have to do anything to the iso before I burn it in order for it to work on Xbox 360? I remember reading somewhere I have to make expand the iso with some program, but I can be wrong. Please tell me what I have to do. What programs to get, what to do....etc.

Thanks You.

7. dogmanpit

dogmanpit Member

i whant to know if my dvd burner burns dual laye can any one help this is what i have pioneer dvr-103va thanks

8. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

9. dogmanpit

dogmanpit Member

thanks for the help no it dose not suport dl dvd!!

10. dogmanpit

dogmanpit Member

how do i restor my 360 to factory setings i went on live to day and it said their was a up date to my dash it all f***ed up now i dont have my tabs and this lil avatar retard how do i chang it no ofences any one!!

11. dogmanpit

dogmanpit Member

ok i need conformation i did this right of so i am trying to back my game up this is what i did i opend up imgburn and hit the create image file from disc when it finshed i look where i saved it and thier was a winrar archive 5,448kb and a mds file 9kb dose that sound like it whent the way it was so posto thanks i whant to know if it sounds right befor i burn it thanks

12. dogmanpit

dogmanpit Member

hey every one i just got my 360 mod and i ripped and burned my game i used wxripper and imgburn when i ripped it every thing went good perfect when i burn it every thing was good ok so i put my back up in my 360 and a screen pops up saying if i want to play this disc put it in a xbox 360 console dose any one know if i did something wrong or a way to fix it or any advice thanks
    allso i whant to use xbox back up creator what is the name of the drive i whant to look it up on ebay and try to get one thanks

13. Who_U

Who_U Member

Hi guys, i have just downloaded nearly 3000 trainers for the xbox, and i have uploaded them to it, and now when i try to start it up, it goes to the startup screen (green X with Microsoft below) and then restarts itself over and over and over...

Can any1 help me PLEASE!!!

BTW, it is a modded XBOX and when i start the M$ dashboard it works FINE.

Do you need to know the specs??

Thanks In Advance

Who_U

14. MikeyGuy7

MikeyGuy7 Member

How do you FTP? I tried FTPing to my xbox, and it just won't work..I have Evox, and all I know how to do is go into my settings...I have a router, and no crossover cables, so I will use what I have..I have windows millenium and just please want to know how to ftp my xbox step by step..i'm a newbie :)

15. craggsy12

craggsy12 Member

hi guys
    my sons xbox 360 is freezing
    he just started playing on fallout 3 and after afew minutes play the game freezes he says this has happened on cod waw twice
    is this a common problem or is his xbox on its way to the makers
    any advice would be great
    thanks in advance

16. gatortony

gatortony Member

My Xbox has been running fine for about 6 years. The other day (when some in-laws were messing with it) it suddenly loads and runs Evolution-X EXTREMELY slow. Instead of the usual fluid motion, it goes 'chop', 'chop', 'chop', about one every second (you can actually hear the HD chop together with the motion.) It is still possible to use (even though it takes a few minutes to load and another few minutes to choose a program to load.) HOWEVER, once you load a different program, for instance XBMC, then everything runs fine.

I've tried booting from my Evolution-X boot CD, but the problem still remains after a successful CD boot. (strange, I know)

I've been thinking about installing another dashboard, but I'm not sure if that will help. Plus, I really liked the setup I had in Evo-X.

PLEASE HELP!

17. gatortony

gatortony Member

I don't exactly understand how, but I've fixed the problem. All I did was start a game (SSX Tricky) from the loader program I have, and after I exited the game to go back to the dashboard (by holding both triggers and start and select), it miraculously was working again! Now it turns on and runs the way it should. :eek:)

18. jorge75

jorge75 Member

so guys i got my xbox modded, as soon as i hooked it up i had E-73 error with the bottom right slot light up red, later it began flashing red and green. then today i turn it on, its fine, loads up good and everything, i put a game in it, and it cant read it its like it doesnt even recognize it, just gives me a white screen with some chinese writing. guys what do i do to fix this?

19. bigdog626

bigdog626 Regular member

ok if i download a xbox game from http://i'manidiot.com edited by ddp would i have to do more stuff to it like i would have to if i rip n burn a xbox game or can i just download and burn it then pop on in the xbox and enjoy

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  20. xbox104

xbox104 Guest

how do i setup game shark on vista

and how do i clean a samsungdrive xbox what do i need
    and can format memory card for gameshark