1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. ross25

ross25 Member

C4RN1,

Thank you thank you thank you!! You are a scholar and a gentleman my friend. When I got home I downloaded the XBPartitioner, and after I removed my hard drive from the XBOX and reformatted it (again), and then I reinstalled UnleashX. When I rebooted the XBOX, black screen. I rebooted 3 or 4 times, but it wouldn't load up. Just kept going to a black screen. So I installed EvoX, and when I rebooted this time, the EvoX dash came right up. I FTP'd the XBPartitioner and XBMC over to the XBOX, and after I started XBMC (I'm running it as an app), I ran the XBP. It started right up and allowed me to format my drive with the 32k effing clusters (I still don't know what that means)! And I was even able to put all the space into the F drive instead of having an F and a G. I am re-ripping my games now, and so far everything is going smoothly. The only thing I don't like is I would have liked for UnleashX to have worked, but now that I've got it set up I don't want to try to go changing it again. Point is, it's working, and I'm sure I'll get used to EvoX, especially since I really use the XBMC for everything anyway. And it's all thanks to your help! Thanks again! If there's anything I can do for you just let me know and I'll do my best to help out. L8r!!

2. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Awesome, glad it worked out, i'm here to help.

If you want to test out other dashes i've uploaded the main ones for you.

Unrar them and then ftp them to your apps folder and then just access them by choosing apps from your main dash after rebooting the xbox.

AnodX
    Avalaunch
    EvoX
    UnleashX

If you want to change your main dash i can help you do that too, just let me know.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I can confirm the 80GB or so limit on an incorrectly formatted 500GB drive, anything written over the 80ish GB limit (in my case using DVD2XBOX) results in DVD2XBOX counting down the MB forever and data disappearing down a black hole. I have my 500GB jam-packed and whilst it's nothing i'd worry about losing i can't really be bothered with a few hours of repopulating the drive after properly formatting. So in my case i just make sure there's always approx. 80GB free and that way data remains intact.

4. tonutrica

tonutrica Member

yeah i was looking for the error code...but it's not showing any code.......i searched for it on net and found that it should be code 19......is there any way i can fix it by myself ? where can i found xbox recovery cd ?

5. ross25

ross25 Member

Creaky, thank you for the additional info. I believe that C4RN has gotten me straightened out with the XBP, so hoefully I won't have anymore issues. I became a member of afterdawn because I could tell from reading the posts that this was a site where the people really care and genuinely want to help others. I appreciate all the help, and I thank everyone for having a place where I can ask questions and get honest, legitimate answers. I will do my best to contribute anything I can to the site.

6. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

What exactly is error 19?

You should be able to see the error code in the top corner of the screen.

like this
    [​IMG]

BTW error 19 doesn't exist

7. metalgang

metalgang Member

Ok bout the layerbreak...when i try to burn the games,i get this from the burn log:

I 11:06:18 User Specified L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1,913,760
    W 11:06:18 L0 Data Zone Capacity Miscompare!
    W 11:06:18 Wanted: 1913760, Got: 2086912

So is it because of the layerbreak that causes me to get a bad burn??Please help

8. hammysr

hammysr Member

I am trying to upgrade my HDD on my softmodded xbox with a Western Ditital 40 GB HDD. I have used Chunckheads tutorial and have done everything up to locking the Hdd. I get a "frozen" error message. I am using a HP computer with a sata mother board with Vista. I have the xbox hdd attached to the master IDE and the Cd to the Slave. When I go into BIOS and try to take AutoDetect off, I can only Enable and DIsable the IDE controller and that will cause the CD to not work which I need to boot from. I have also tried disconecting the IDE cable from the HDD until the main boot screen appears and then I plug it in wait a minute and hit 3 to lock. I have also tried unhooking the power plug and doing the same. I have also tried with and without the SATA computer HDD connected and disconnected. I also tried burning a new copy of the Linix CD, and as DVD. None of this has worked. Oh I have also tried by moving and removing the jumper in the back. I also tried pushing the pause/break key at various times, all with no success. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

9. Lil_E

Lil_E Member

Hey everyone, Im a noob at this and i really need help.I just started getting into XMugen 3 days ago and all i want to no is can someone give a download link or a link where i can get the XMugen Xtreme Edition???It's about a 4.5 GB long.
    I tried other XMugens but they wouldnt work.I went to character select on the last 1 i had t was about over a GB and the only character i have is solbadguy.Then i edited the select.def and my characters still didnt show up And now it's saying /static/ash can't access tty job control turned off

Thanks
    Zeke

10. aizen13

aizen13 Regular member

USB softmodding.

Ok I cant seem to get any devices to get recognized in AR to load the exploits. ( Ive followed everything step by step)
    deveices used:

Verbatim 1GB usb (Xbox does not recognize, says "damaged") (Also Not recognized in AR)
    Buffalo 2GB usb (Xbox recognizes but not in AR)

Sandisk Sansa 4GB mp3 player (Xbox recognizes AS A *MEMORY CARD but still not in AR)

* Is this normal? When you first plug the device to the xbox it usually says " The memory card wasn't working properly and has now been erased". But with the sansa It recognized it as a memory card. Well I went along and followed the other steps according to the guide but AR still would not recognize it.

If all else fails I may just try buying/borrowing a compatible device thats listed in the master list.

11. creaky

12. aizen13

aizen13 Regular member

ok , ill repost it there.
    thanks

13. donzo112

donzo112 Member

A simple question. My son has asked me to get him a hdmi cable to connect his xbox 360 to his lcd tv. Do I need a special cable or will any hdmi cable do.

14. creaky

No just buy a cheap basic HDMI cable, don't get conned into buying anything over a few pounds of dollars, it's digital so a £3 or $3 HDMI cable will work the same as any stupidly priced £50 or $50 cable.
    If you want to pass the sound thru an amplifier or speaker system you might need an extra cable for sound as well as the HDMI cable, but if the sound's only going thru the TV you just need a HDMI cable.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  15. donzo112

donzo112 Member

Thanks for the advice. I will get straight on to it.

16. creaky

No worries, keep us posted. Especially if your son does want to pipe sound thru speakers or something, as the other cable can be quite expensive

17. varnull

varnull Guest

further to this .. an error screen as posted by C4RN1 with no error code in the top left corner refers to a 1.0 console suffering error 7 (hdd problem)

error19 is listed as "undefined" .. general hardware fault (on_psc_missing) psu rail down or device status signal not present?? and can only be accessed through internal probing of some testpoint which has never been specified. It will never be displayed on screen.. some internal diagnostic for blank screen apparently dead console.

old info from printed M$ service docs dated 5/2001

18. mark0202

mark0202 Member

If you have custom firmware and the new xbox experiance, can you install a burned game to play from the xbox hard drive without getting banned when online? Also the game would be stealth patched of course.

19. slim7942

slim7942 Guest

i need to get a invitation code so i could download some torrents anyone could help?

20. creaky

Sure, here's a 2day account suspension, plus i'll throw in the Forum Rules free, they're in my signature.