1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

u forgot the DNS. lol try looking at that. I think the DNS should be 192.168.0.3

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  2. iplaynude

iplaynude Member

ok i had my xbox softmodded and when i did it i used some crappy sofeware to install it and it messed some crap up with my hard drive. i now have tried to fix it and screwed up big. i can no longer go to any dash or load any games so my question is is my hard drive totaly fed or is there a way to still ftp/use flash fxp to put my old memory (which works and i have on my comp) back on my xbox. if not how do i go about getting a new hard drive and putting it into my xbox?
    any help would be great

3. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Im guessing u jus deleted a file or something off the hard drive so nothing is loading up. if i were u id jus try get it rebuilt or do it yourslef. Its easy.

4. iplaynude

iplaynude Member

umm... how sry but i only know a little so how would i rebuild it or is there any way ti ftp to the xbox i do have most of my xbox before i screwed it up on my comp so a step by step would be great cuz i have no clue what to do (o and ya it was when i took some files off it get screwed up)

5. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

yea you have to change the static ip of your xbox to the router default ip config.

EX: default gatway of router: 192.168.1.1

then the xbox ip should be 192.168.1.(any3 numbers you like.)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2008
  6. Wylee

Wylee Guest

Got the same problem. a friend of mine was softmodding and did some dum shyt. i know exacly what has happend now, he deleted the dash board files. which he does not have a back up of (although i have a backup of mine) and now hes in the clock loop problem. he has no dash to set clock and he cannot play games without clock. plz help. what can i do without hotswapping, ive hurd i cant fix it with hotswapping anyways, and i wudnt try it.

7. maynard1

maynard1 Member

I modded a xbox with a xenium gold solderless, the hard drive space is unbelievably small is there a way to partition?

8. Korihor

Korihor Member

The original Xbox HD only has about room for 1 game on it. Put in a new HD :)

9. juggalo18

juggalo18 Member

ok i kinda am a total idiot when it comes to electronics but i do know that my xbox has been softmodded because it hasn't been taken apart but it has evolution x dashboard and a bunch of emulators like NES and Surreal N64.............can anyone explain to me how to put more applications, back games to hd, and get more emulators like the other old game systems?

10. juggalo18

juggalo18 Member

and also a friend told me about Big Ass Emulator ummmmmmm what the heck is that and how do i get it?

11. Wylee

Wylee Guest

What you have to do is something called FTPing (Extremely easy) into your xbox. IF you have a cat5 crossover cable (or some kind of internet connection to ur xbox) then download a program called flash FXP, this way u can conncet to ur xbox hard drive and transfer files to ur hearts consent. So putting new emulators and other apps is just a matter of dragging and dropping. Hope this answers ur question. IF you dont have internet accses to ur xbox then burn the stuff to a cd ( i never tried or hurd if it works) but thats the only other suggestion i have for u.

12. maynard1

maynard1 Member

thank you, would you suggest one in particular?

13. Korihor

Korihor Member

If memory serves correctly, it has to be unlockable, most are. Search on google and you should get list. I've got a maxtor 80gb in mine, but that was 4 years ago now

14. Wylee

Wylee Guest

u dont realy need to spend money on a new hdd for ur xbox as long as u have ftp connection to ur pc and a larger pc hard drive. What i do is, store the games on my pc and whenever i wanna play a game i just send it to the xbox via ftp. the xbox does only have enough room 1 game but its ok considering u can only play 1 game at a time. but if u dont have ftp connecting then ye...buy a new hdd.

15. Korihor

Korihor Member

Or just back the game up to DVD-R ;)

16. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Do u have a modchip because that would make life a whole lot easier !

17. Mrfixitup

Mrfixitup Member

Is it possible to FTP into a stock xbox? All of the tutorials for softmodding make it sound like it is. I can't get hotswap to work from my x-3 box either. I have the files to dump onto my virgin xbox, but I can't get into the drive to do it. I'm trying to softmod it.

18. R21

R21 Member

OK, well i have a modded map, know how to FTP, have a modded xbox, now im trying to get Halo 2 onto my Xbox hardrive. Now i found an online Tut but i has a step i can find at one point it says to click on "Games" in the E file after FTP but i do hove that! so i tried putting the folder with all the files i need just under E but that didnt work...... so im outta ideas, and also i tried playing a mulitplyer game and the map never loads it just says waiting for player to load the map! i tried it with the modded map and the non-modded maps! please help me

Thanks

19. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

If you want the game on your box hdd, use xbox2dvd. That is the quickest and easiest.

20. R21

R21 Member

ok i fixed that one but i have a new one ok im how do you apply things to maps for example i downloaded somethings like gravity gun, soccor field on burial mounds, ice berge ascension off halo mods. now how i do appy these to the game? please help

thanks