1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. dontcare4

dontcare4 Member

I need help i need to fix my hdd because i heard you can use a hdd transfer cable to put media on ur xbox but windows automatically formatted my hdd and i tried restoring but nothing pleaaase help me.

BTW: can i change it from ntfs to fatx

2. dontcare4

dontcare4 Member

why wont't anyone answer me!

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Maybe because this thread is in the old type xbox forums, plus you already have your own thread here ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-152/my_xbox_hdd_is_busted-830225/ (which i'd previously had to move out of the old type xbox forums).

You should be searching the (xbox 360) forum for yourself whilst you await an answer on your own thread...

4. dontcare4

dontcare4 Member

but im talking about the 360 not the reguLAR ONE

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Exactly my point. This isn't an xbox 360 thread nor is this thread in the 360 forum... ...hence my previous reply...please go back and read it again..

6. Saater

Saater Member

Pls guys i need sites where can i buy xbox accessories like xbox power supply,xbox VGA cable online that would ship to Nigeria

7. revo666

revo666 Member

ok so ive softmodded a few original xboxes but now i want to take one of mine and make it a slim or a media center xbox. so i have some questions....
    Were there any laptop DVD drives that could be firmware flashed or even out of the box play orig games?

I imagine that there wasnt any. I do have a lightscribe dual layer laptop drive that i could use and would that be a problem with a previously softmodded system?

I do know i can FTP all of the stuff i want and more than likely will end up doing that but i like the option of having a DVD drive.

second would it be better to forgo the softmod altogether and just get an Xecutioner 3?

what options are there for better heatsinks? there was the slim ones with lights I saw but forgot what the hell they were called, and one from an intel and i forgot that one as well.

basically i want the xbox to have a smaller better looking case, more than the 20 gb ive put in there already, better cooling for the processor and vid card and probably wireless.

so ive picked up a western digital WD2000JB-00GVA0 250 gb
    and i have the DVD drive already. im already looking to get the WGA54G adapter on ebay.

any thoughts?

8. Foxtrack

Foxtrack Member

New here, Hello!

Going to preface my question a bit.

Did a SC softmod with a 500GB drive swap using a moded box.
    Used Aim to install software. Hard drive is split in to F: (120GB or so) with 16kb sectors and the remainder in G: with 32kb sectors. Currently running evoX. Hoping to run ALL emulators including C-ops r5 Showcase and F-Burn-L. Would also like to get MugenX huge pack going, the one with 2500+ characters.

ok here goes.

I have read MugenX is finicky(understatement?), should i get this working then build around it? Is it possible to run MugenX from XBMC?
    If it is not possible is it ok to Run a dash from XBMC then run MugenX?

I know that more than one question but please indulge me.

9. matt8693

matt8693 Member

i need help i have my 360 hooked with a ethernet cable to my laptop to pick up wireless and my NAT is strict i have tried all the port forwarding, upnp enabling, and dmz enable, shut off all firewalls everything i can possible think of and find on websites if anyone could help me fix this it would be a huge help. when i first hooked to the laptop my NAT was open but my internet company had an outage for 1 day once it was back up it has stayed strict

10. AY031

AY031 Member

So I softmodded my XBOX. Then it didn't work. I can hotswap to it and I'm using Xplorer 360 to inject files. It turns on to the original dash but it won't recognize any games and it says that I have 0 memory. What do i do?

11. olygrom

olygrom Member

I was wondering where to download updates/patches for xbox 360 games so that I don't need to go on live and can just download the update/patch and then put it onto my xbox?
    Thank you
    Oly

12. GamerNJ

GamerNJ Member

Hey, i was wondering if anyone can help me, ive been playing alot lately and my xbox keeps freezing and over heating causing the 2 red lights. now i called xbox and my warranty was up for that (only 1 year) but if i had the error 73? i think or the ring of death they would cover it. does anyone know how i can get the rings of death so i can get a new 360? or if u can help me out in anyway i wanna play, im just broke. please email me if u can help edited by ddp

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  13. tigerland

tigerland Member

hi all my xbox has been banned and was wondering if there is a fix for this ? i have found a link for playing on leaf but was hoping to fix this by been able to play on xbox360 live and help or a link to a page would be grate thanks for your time

14. 07anto07

07anto07 Active member

sorry wrong thread

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  15. 7_11

7_11 Member

I have a game that is NTSC/J <Japan Only>. Can I play this in Hong Kong which is also NTSC/J? Thank you.

16. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

GamerNJ, no email posting as per forum rules as this is the 2nd time you've done this, post edited.

17. noodles26

noodles26 Member

my orginal xbox light just flahes green and opens by itself

18. noodles26

noodles26 Member

why does no one answer :(

19. Davv111

Davv111 Regular member

Can a xbox with a Mod chip play burnt DL-Layer ? I wanted to buy a xbox from this guy and hes telling me that xbox with a mod chip won't play backup games that are on DL-layer media but he wasn't sure, Is this true ? If so that sucks.

I know I made a thread already, I should have asked my question here first sorry.

20. LordMorbannaon

LordMorbannaon Member

Does anyone know how to transfer save data from one xbox to another without using a memory card? I'm talking about original xboxes, not 360's here.

I'm trying to copy save data across, and although I've got a memory card it's not big enough for some games, like KOTOR or Project Zero, so I was wondering if there was a way to transfer it via Ethernet or something like that.

Thanks