1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. Crooke07

Crooke07 Member

If u can ftp ur xbox there is usually a eeprom in the TDATA or UDATA folder (not sure which one,will get back on that)

or

If u cant, u can build an eeprom reader, jus follow the tutorial and it will work. (I built one for my xbox when it was giving error 7, and it worked.I got my eeprom and built a new HD)

Just click this LINK
    and do what it says

2. Crooke07

Crooke07 Member

If u can ftp ur xbox there is usually a eeprom in the TDATA or UDATA folder (not sure which one,will get back on that)

or

If u cant, u can build an eeprom reader, jus follow the tutorial and it will work. (I built one for my xbox when it was giving error 7, and it worked.I got my eeprom and built a new HD)

Just click this LINK
    and do what it says

3. Greddy87

Greddy87 Member

--Total Newb-- I burned a copy of Dead or Alive 3, It was already an ISO image..I burned it on alcohol, X-Box reads it as Unknown cd and I cant play the game.. I have an Xcuter-2 Modchip..

4. kenlena

kenlena Guest

Hi, about 6 months ago my xbox was stolen, I have since then got it back. It was soft modded using lenox but the person that stole it deleted all but mods save files. Now I am unable to play regular xbox games while the mod still works. I get a this is not an xbox game disk message with the drive empty from dashboard screen or the drive just reads empty through unleash x. Can anyone help?

5. Crooke07

Crooke07 Member

Did u burn it on a cd or dvd. Not all xbox version can read burn CD'S, if u burnt it on a cd, jus do it again on a dvd and it should work.

Also if u created the iso make sure that u patched the .xbe file, u can do this with a software called Qwix (Game iso maker).
    U can get it at this LINK

When dnl finish, run the app(QWIX)and go to tools then patch XBE, and select the .xbe file for the game u want to patch.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  6. Crooke07

Crooke07 Member

if u have a back of your xbox then u should be able to ftp into it. just replace the files that were deleted.

Do u have a complete backup of ur xbox?
    U should have 1 if u softmodded

7. Shengis

Shengis Member

Ok, hopefully a simple(ish) question.

I've got a softmodded PAL Xbox and some NTSC games that I bought from an ebayer(originals, not copies). Now most of them work fine but i'm having problems with Superman Returns and Tetris from the Clone Wars/Tetris pack. On both the games start to load then everything stops with a black screen. Any ideas? Incidentally Clone Wars works fine..... Most odd lol.

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can set your region in your dashboard settings (modded dash, not MS Dash)

9. Shengis

Shengis Member

Is there any info on here about how to do that? I've tried messing around in XBMC/Unleash, changing to NTSC etc but that didn't work. Is there some way then to actually change region rather than just tv output method?

10. ilovemytc

ilovemytc Member

Hey guys, my problem is when I go to my unleashx dash and select launch dvd, nothing happens. I tried changing the dvd load settings but nothing will work. The original setting was f:\apps/dvdx...or something like that and now I do not see that file or the f drive, only c, d, e. Can someone please help me reset the settings so I can play a dvd? Thanx!

11. Crooke07

Crooke07 Member

You can try to reset all setting to default. Now about playing the dvd,u will need to dnl the app highlighted above it can be found in xbins. OR u can download xbox media center (XBMC) it plays about nearly every media format. give it a shot

12. ilovemytc

ilovemytc Member

^ah, makes sense I don't have the required app...thank you and I will try to go back to default first, then will get xbmc. Thank you again!

13. krayz13

krayz13 Member

ok i have a xbox unleashed x i tried to install xbox media center it went through so i keep starting up in xbox media center so i removed it.... now m xbox boots up to the xbox logo then the light flashed orange then stays red and black screen????? i tried to reinstal the program but i doesnt do any thing i can play can burned disc if it only read the original disc.... but still no boot HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!

14. Crooke07

Crooke07 Member

TO krayz13:

knowing that u can boot the original disc u can try to uninstall the mod and then reinstall it again, with dual boot so u will be able to boot 2 dash(i'll boot MSdash with eject and Unleashx/what ever dash u want with Power)

Try not to edit the .xbe in the C drive

15. krayz13

krayz13 Member

ok i cant even go to the dash board i load the game it starts but then wen ejected it goes black again

16. Shengis

Shengis Member

As Crooke said, use a softmod exploit to restore your box to standard, then do it again to reinstall the modded dash. I would recommend though that you get the softmod installer fired up then ftp to the box and snatch a copy of your eprom first just in case the backup files are damaged, that way you can create a clean drive using one of the guides on here if it does go pear shaped.

17. Sn1p3r80

Sn1p3r80 Guest

Well No thanks to anybody but myself. i fixed my xbox, although i will post this just so if anybody has the same problem then they can do the same?..
    I bought a second hand xbox and put the hd in my old one (since i lost it) loaded slayers 2.7 onto a CD RW and installed it. Perfect condition. i won't be coming back here again. i even had to put a new chip in it too.

18. andresamu

andresamu Guest

](i'm brazilian and i'll try to use the corrects words!...rsrsr)

Helloo people...
    i have a xbox one...and weeks ago the led has stopped...days ago the power has stopped...i just can turn on my xbox for the button TRAY...i've opened my xbox and tested the front painel it's allright...and i now i can't play...cause my controls just don't function...i've tested my controls in another xbox and it's good...tested others controls in my xbox and don't function...
    i have conclued that my motherboard is in malfuction...but i don't know where is the problem...it's big to test...
    anybady can help me?
    do u guys know how i can pic the motherboard's scheme?

19. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

20. TheGame83

TheGame83 Member

I was wondering if there is a way to get an xbox game save from the Internet, and then pass it to the xbox hard drive?