1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Also known as trainers! Do a search!

2. trav_555

trav_555 Member

ok so i had my softmod workin fine via the returns softmod method right, then today i decided i didnt want it to run softmod installer when i open up disc drive i want it to open up ms dash original, i could already open the dash by clicking ms dash in evo x so i thought it would work, so i went ahead and installed the softmod and i turn it back on and it runs evox as it should so i turn it off and run it via eject button and it goes to xbox live crap nd wont let me exit it. so i restart xbox go into evox and run ms dash from there and it just goes back to evox, soi run xbmc as a an app and go to file manager and click C drive nd it comes up with an error, i restart back to evox and ftp, it works fine except when in flashfxp i open C and it shows up with nothing in it and wont let me copy anything to it. please help

3. Sn1p3r80

Sn1p3r80 Guest

there may be an easy solution to your problem. Evox has been known to kill softmods, so i think it would be worth buying a chip, installing it (requires solding tools ect) then installing your evox all over again after you format your retail hard drive (im assuming its retail).. if you try to run your xbox just on the software the xbox will eventually become unusable due to running software that is to harsh on the system.

4. trav_555

trav_555 Member

nah im not gonna buy a chip aye id hotswap it again b4 i bought a chip

im gonna try aid installer

now has anyone hotswaped on mhackxbox.rar cause thats wat i did to get softmod on in first place. nd did they have problems with it thanks

5. Pageant

Pageant Member

can i use xdvdmulleter to rebuild my 360 iso.'s?

6. badmagic

badmagic Member

i just got an hdtv and have my xbox setup through the high def pack with component cables and optical cable. i set xmbc (newest tech version) to be run in 1080i, and that made a huuuuge difference, its so crisp! but onto my question, its about upconverting. i have my xbox on my home network and stream movies from my computer to the xbox, but when i press the black button to check the stats of the movie it seems like its playing in resolutions closer to 480p rather than 1080i. is the xbox capable of upconverting .avi files? also, i tried a dvd that i ripped from a retail dvd and it upconverted the movie to 720p, but not 1080i, is there some hidden setting im missing somewhere about getting everything to upconvert? thanks for your help!

7. martin316

martin316 Guest

I have yet to mod an xbox (or buy one for that matter) I just wanted to get some things straight.

I've been reading guides concerning adding content such as emulators, roms, and mods to the xbox and almost all of them revolve around doing so through an ftp program. So, here are my questions:

After softmodding an xbox, the tutorials ask that you ftp the eeprom to you computer. Is this a requirement and if so, why?

Assuming that I wanted add an emulator and roms to the hard drive, is ftp'ing the only way or could I use a disc to download the program and upload onto the hard drive and then manipulate it from there?

Say I wanted to add an xbox mod (XBOX - Morrowind GOTY Ultimate Mod Library v2 0 - INSOMANiAC)for Morrowind GOTY. How would I go about it that doesn't require ftp'ing?

Any answers or comment would be most helpful. Thanks for reading!

8. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

backing up your eeprom is not a requirement but is reccomended because it is the only thing that you need to recover your xbox if you screw something up. Ftping is the easiest way to transfer files and imo the fastest. You can copy stuff to a dvd-r and transfer that way.

9. sancho83

sancho83 Member

Hi, sorry for being such a noob but i think i've messed up somehow,

I used Splinter cell and SID5 to softmod my xbox and evrything worked fine, i think it was evox dashboard i installed, but i didn't like it so i tried to install xbmc, couldn't really find clear instructions on how to do this but i downloaded xbmc then ftp'd the folder to the E drive of my console, then renamed the default.xbe file to evoxdash.xbe and ftp'd that accross, renamed the one on the console to a different name and then rebooted my console, now nothing comes up, the xbox logo comes on, then it's black and i flashfxp won't reconnect to the console

Any thoughts on what i should do?

10. sancho83

sancho83 Member

Edit - managed to get it back to how it was, can anybody point me in the direction of how to install xbmc successfully?

11. AFerndy

AFerndy Member

I just softmodded my third xbox and I am running into a new problem. I can not run any media that has been backed up, such as an avi disc or games all burnt on dvds. It will either show up as unknown or in it won't recognize the discs at all, even in XBMC. I know they were burnt correctly because they work on the other two systems. I have tried several different softmods techniques and installers using the splinter cell exploit. I am out of ideas and could use some help please.

12. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Eh, a bad DVD drive?

13. AFerndy

AFerndy Member

No, it will play everthing else such as retail dvds, games and i even found a vcd it will play.

14. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yep, sounds like a bad DVD drive! Which drive type do you have?

If you have other Xboxs, swap the DVD drives and see what happens, if they work, then you know it's the drive, not software!

;)

15. AFerndy

AFerndy Member

okay I did the dvd drive swap. It only half worked. I got a backup game to play but not an avi disc. So, I know now that the drive is going out,however i still need to figure out why it won't play avi dvd discs.

16. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The avi discs only work in XBMC, you have the latest version!? Or at least a somewhat new? Also, do the discs work on other consoles? Are the discs CD-R? Only some DVD drives can read the CD-R!

17. AFerndy

AFerndy Member

I do have the latest version of XBMC and the avi files are on a DVD and they all work on the other consoles.

18. zionad

zionad Member

Im trying to figure out how to use the game save feature in XBMC. I go to copy the files off the xbox to a memory card, but everything needs a numbered folder it seems and i am not sure where to go from there. I tried a straight copy and it wasnt readable in the other xbox

19. zionad

zionad Member

sorry to double post i have one more problem.

My dvd drive stops reading game discs after an hour or so. Still seems to read dvdr's and cd's but when i put in a backup/original game it says nothing is in the drive. If i let the box sit for a while, it will start reading them again... sounds like a hardware thing to me, but nothing ive ever heard or seen a optical drive do before

20. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Is it to possible to softmod a XBOX by FTPing a modded xbox to the PC and adding the files to the memorycard in the controller slot Then add the memory card to the stock xbox and use a copy of AID instead of the splinter cell method?