1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No, you still need the Xbox to be modded to load AID!

2. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

So i ftp-ed xmugen to the F:\Games folder, ....given this wont fit in E:\games due to space constraints....
    But after booting through unleashx i keep getting this whole line of text and an "Kernel Panic: Attempted to Kill Init!" error.....
    any insights folks>>>???

3. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

I got one.

I got my hands on Dead Babies from XBins so how do I install the game?

4. shla

shla Member

hi i got a xbox s-contoller an a gamecube controller that have bad cords can i take the cords from a third party controller and solder them on to make the controller work they just need cords.?my bro has a xbox that will not save a game i was told to delete the cache file an x,y,z hows that done you need a pc for that and hook it with across over cable. Thanks

5. varnull

varnull Guest

Controller cords.. yes that will work.. check the right wire goes to the right place.. 3rd party controllers often have different colour wires.

Delet the cache.. Load unleashx or avalaunch (or ftp but be careful)

Navigate into the E:\cache directory, and delete anything you find in there..

XYZ.. nothing that should affect making a save will be in there.. load a couple of different games and they will clear. They are used for on the fly game status cache, autosave data, variable level data and that kind of thing.

6. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

hiya folks...
    due to space constraints i can't run xmugen off E:\, so i downloaded this 4.5gb (unzipped) pack from filefront and installed it in F:\...
    but im getting a whole line of texts ending in :
    "static/ash : can't access tty, job control turned off
    joy@key -joystick one to keys
    using parameters.
    joy2key2 - joystick two to keys.
    using parameters." and the screen just stays there...
    I rebooted with either 1 or 2 controllers plugged in, but nothing....
    BTW, me xbox's sitting on a 5oogb seagate hdd with tons of programs......incase the hdd size may be the problem..
    cheers...

7. ilcmdme

ilcmdme Regular member

guys i downloaded slayers softmod cd (228 mb) but it didn't come in a rar file so i can't burn it to use it or do i have to have a specific program installed on my pc.

8. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Can you post a link to the DL or was it a torrent?

9. corn

corn Guest

The slayers should be in ISO, it needs to be burned with an image burner.
    Imgburn is a great start.

10. varnull

varnull Guest

xmugen doesn't work.. at all. I wasted a whole weekend on it for nothing but segfaults and undefined errors. I can't even get the junk to run on my maim linux pc.. if it won't work there it isn't going to work on an xbox...

I found reports of ONE uploaded version which works straight out of the box, but the only link to it is dead..
    look for that version.. I can't find it

I also found an argument between the engine owners and a few of the distributors.. so that may be why all the ones I tried are broken.

One thing you need to know before even trying.. the game wants to go into E:\Games.. E:\games is no good, and the location seems to be hard coded into the xbe. That's the closest I got because it then errors out as it is unable to change the video resolution (even though the xbox is running at 640x480 already)
    I linked the FAQ (that took some finding too) in the xmugen thread.. consider this post my report on how far I got with it, and my reasons for packing in trying.. I have better things to do with my time than fixing some screwed up 2d fighting game..

What can I say.. they are all broken, and I don't feel like wasting weeks building one from the ground up because it's not anything I have any interest in playing.. good luck, and happy hunting ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2008
  11. ilcmdme

ilcmdme Regular member

It was a torrent, i used utorrent and i didn't get an iso, it just says file. Guess i'm just gonna have to try again. Any suggestions guys. Thx for the quick feedback.

12. corn

corn Guest

Right click and select properties, see what file type it is. Maybe its rared, which you would need WinRar for.

13. holla2k

holla2k Member

I actually have xmugen working one. I read online that it supports xnox 360 controllers. How exactly do u hook up a xbox 360 controller the a xbox?

14. furryboo

furryboo Regular member

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I can't get FTp'ing working to my xbox using FlashFXP so I thought I would stick somes files on a DVD disc to put on my xobx using a file manager. The problem is, none of the file managers will read the disc (states unknown) on most. Anyone no why and also a way round this?

Cheers

Da_Boos

15. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

hooooweee... just downloaded xtreme xmugen with over 600 characters ....works right outta the box.... unzip, ftp to F:\GAMES , create swapfile and play ....easy....
    Never thought i'd see the day.. :0

16. OperaxD

OperaxD Member

hey is there anything like an internet explorer for the xbox 360??

i kno theres another kind that u have to have an active connection to your computer and the internet.. and that wouldnt be much use because you cant even type anything.. thanx for tha help

17. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

Whats the best modchip out for the xbox?

18. rayt13

rayt13 Member

Can I install emulator on xbmc and leave roms on a nas

19. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

yeah i found a working version of mugen xmugen but the characters wont load i just get like the first three

20. maynard1

maynard1 Member

I have been reading and rebooting, and reading and boot discing for weeks now. This is my problem:
    I installed a xenium gold to a v1.4 xbox. Lost the m$ dash, successfully put on emulators, roms, dashboard, xbmc...etc. It plays roms fine. It doesn't play burnt games (dvd-r or dvd+r), freezes on the one original xbox game I have (XIII). And the m$ splash screen just loops (no clock, network settings, music...etc.)It has a phillips drive. I have used slayers (the only disc that boots) with no solution. My eeprom is backed up, but I'm not sure what option to use on slayers to restore m$ dash, and or read burnt media. I am very sorry for the long post as I am incredibly frustrated. Thanks
    This is what my C: looks like
    Folder-Audio
    Folder-Fonts
    Folder-Skin
    Folder-Trainers
    Folder-xboxdashdata.185ead00
    Folder-xodash
    evox.ini
    evoxdash.xbe
    xbox.xtf
    xboxbook.xtf
    xboxdash.xbe