1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. varnull

varnull Guest

^^^^ It sounds like you have a mixed up mod type.. softmod/hardmod mix..

Use the "restore to factory" option with the slayers disk, If that gives you a kinda black M$ dash run a late series live enabled game with no internet connection and go to the live settings for the game.. that will give you a nice late set of dash fonts etc.. then start again by installing all the software from slayers. ;)

Philips drives are notorious for media compatibility problems.. I found decent ridata dvd-r disks worked best burned at 4x. If slayers wants a cd then philips drives will read cd-rw just fine, but are VERY picky about cd-r

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  2. maynard1

maynard1 Member

Thank you for the response.

When I restore to factory settings with slayers will that wipe out all of my emulators, and roms?

3. jdrees

jdrees Member

I have a question and hope to find answers, i'm wondering how to add files from a dvd to E:\TDATA on the hard drive without ftping it, its there somewhere in the dashboard that i'm suppose to go to to do that thx in advance

4. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

any dash or progs with file-browser capabilities.. say unleashx, dvd2xbox..etc ..Then on one side, navigate to your dvd (d: drive) and in other, navigate to E:\TDATA.. Now on the dvd side, select the file, push start, select copy.. DONE..

5. Silvan35

Silvan35 Member

Hi!

I have some questions.

1-) I have 2 xbox360, one is ntsc-j and the other one is ntsc-u. If one of them get "rod" and i would like to replace dvdroms, would it change its region too?(for shorter: is region code based on dvdrom?)

2-) Would it be plug and play? Or do i have to do all the "key and firmware" things?

3-) And i have to use an adaptor to play ntsc-u console.(the electrical difference)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Can i use pal-adaptor on ntsc-u console without doing anything?

4-) Is there any way to un-firmware an xbox360?

Excuse my english and Thanks in advance

6. dualface

dualface Guest

Yep, i think i screwed up somewhere when I softmodded my xbox.
    Well, it seemed that everything was working, the dashboard was up, and everything, but i wanted to see if i could turn off the mod, then turn it back on. So.... I turn it off. And boot up linux with the splinter cell CD. When i brought up the screen, and pressed the icon that let me turn the mod back on, it gave me a warning, something about the bios. (im not really sure, and im afraid that if i turn off the mod i may screw it up even more).

This may not even be the problem though, which is why i came here. I have some games on my computer, and used NeroVision Express SE, then i go into "opened saved project or Disk Image". I also use maxell DVD+R. could the disk or Nero be the problem, or did i screw something up in the installation

7. mattgunn

mattgunn Member

hi im having a problem downloading games
    once i have put the game on download on uttorrent it says there is not enough disk space but i have 311gb free space
    if anyone can help me plz reply

8. gttdi

gttdi Regular member

Will do as soon as I finish the update.
    Three beers 4 teh Godless.

9. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

aye where are you saving the games to matt?

10. shaggy35

shaggy35 Member

EvoX menu is no longer showing all the options what do I do please help

11. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Then either you can reinstall it using Auto Insntaller Deluxe install CD or Install a different dashboard ( UnleashX, Avalaunch, etc)... download it from somewhere and then burn to a CD-R and then use it to install evox on ur XBOX or use the Game save exploit to reinstall it... or install a different dasH...( what i'd do )

12. shaggy35

shaggy35 Member

how do i reinstall it

13. dorris01

dorris01 Guest

Hey Man

I'm going to try XBConnect tonight, My computer has one NIC card, I plug the broadband cable straight into it and thats my net, I also have a hub , do I just plug the pc, xbox and broadband into that with one cable going to the pc to make a setup?

14. CopperKid

CopperKid Regular member

Hey would there be any particular reason why certain emulators and programs won't load up on a softmodded xbox w/ dual boot and UnleashX dash?
    The emulators are "surreal 64 xxx" and "zsnexbox"
    The programs are dvd2xbox and xbmc.
    I click on the programs and it goes to a loading screen then it blacks out and goes back to the UnleashX menu.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

15. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Well for starters, most of the times its on Hardmodded XBOXs... Ok coz i have NBA Street Volume 2, uno and whenever i wanted to boot it from the hard drive, it always went to the loading screen then backed off... back tot hte evox screen, so i just switched to the TSOP from my Modchip ( switching to the onboard chip on the XBOX ) and used the softmod instead nd it workd... well i think its a thing with the Default.xbe which is the boot up fole for the game, that it wont boot with a certain bios or something like that... thats why the best thing to use is the TSOP not the modchip... modchips use Hacked Bioses which dont boot all games ( coz i have games that dont boot on my XBOX if i use a modchip ) and the TSOP bios ( original bios ) boots up all games so a softmod is prefered ( by me )... well atleast thats what i think ... any other suggestions ?

16. 2mystuff2

2mystuff2 Member

i downloaded a skin from the skins settings and i cant seem to leave it as my deafult......

1 more question...=)

when i go to my xbmc in the wheater tab and press refresh it flashes busy and i never get the weather......='(

17. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

for the XBMC, i think you should get like an updated version i think...

18. 2mystuff2

2mystuff2 Member

i would update but when i go to the update script it connects and finds the update but when its about to download it cancels automatically

19. Newk8600

Newk8600 Member

I'm having some trouble using xboxhdm. I get as far as having the xbox hard drive connected and using the program but it always stops me before i start to rebuild the hdd (i have the xbox live error loop) and xplorer360 doesn't work for me even though i have the jumpers set on master for the xbox hdd and my computer finds it with the device settings. when it stops me it says that my hdd is locked but after unplugging all IDE cables and putting the xbox hdd back in the xbox connected (while leaving the dvd drive disconnected) i shut off and turn back on and still get an error 11 not a 5,6,7 (hdd failures) i need to know if i need to use the hdd unlocker and risk messing it up or need a better connection to my computer. (this was softmodded but with the error loop i can't load anything hotswap was my only option). thanks for any and all answers

20. Newk8600

Newk8600 Member

nevermind I reread the hotswapping tips. I found out that my xbox hdd reads better without any jumper in it. thank goodness i almost thought i had locked my hdd wrong and had to risk messing it up but thanks to chunkhead's tips my friends xbox is ready for a new softmodding if he so chooses and i'm ready to tackle another xbox with the help of everyone here at afterdawn forums. thanks! it's three in the morning and i'm so wired!