1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask Your Vista Questions Here.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ozzy214, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janrocks

janrocks Guest

And why do you think we should waste our time and effort to fix M$ broken software so they can sell it to people for profit?

I'm not going to do anything to help this restrictive monopoly gain even more control of the world. If you have problems with vista then tough s***.. contact M$ and get them to sort it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2007
  2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I was going to reply, but since you just got put down by one of the most intelligent ladies i've ever seen, i think you've already had enough...
    @ jan : i've heard from a reliable source that those 0day exploits for microsoft's DNS are also being researched on XP and Vista.. and Vista has been reported to be close to a "breakthrough" :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2007
  3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

The_Fiend
    I hope someone makes a nice DX10 patch for XP, that or make a great keybaord and mouse adapter for the 360 :X

4. bel_76016

bel_76016 Member

ohh dager to the heart!!!! thanks for the dis.... do i feel dis no.....do i feel like i owe anyone anythign no.... freedom of speach right.... No you dont have to fix my windows problems, if you read all my post word for word then you would have seen tht they are doing that. if you want to get nasty and mean you have that right but why waste your breathe. Again spelled out......solutions please if you want a rag thread then start one that states that alone so you can go show your strength there.

5. bel_76016

bel_76016 Member

or wait, maybe i think you senior members especially coming on this thread and getting all in your face doesnt make me want anything from this thread, remember i am not dissing you as a person just was responding as a newbie about thinking coming to this thread would offer support and help for me. exactly what this whole site is about. Yes you have the right to let us know that products are not good but the way you do it goes to far.... too negative..... but cant change you can i.... oh well my bad will seek advice from someone else....

6. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I have pretty much stopped supporting the corporations I dislike but buying used and 2nd hand I save allot of money and not directly feed the corporate trolls :X

7. Howdoody

Howdoody Member

Only 244 Genuine Windows Vista's Sold in China

April 18

"Whilst Microsoft was bragging about the sales number of their latest OS Windows Vista, few would actually know that they have only managed to sell 244 copies in the whole of China in the first 2 weeks. You heard that right, and that's the number quoted from the headquarters of the Windows Vista chief (90% national volume) distributor in Beijing."

http://slashdot.org/articles/07/04/18/1512216.shtml

8. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

well it is china why by when you can copy :X

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  9. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Been reading about that all day....

MS is now thinking of selling chopped versions of XP - Office 2003 for $3 for the "needy". Still more than some are willing to pay....particularly in third world countries. Free will always be the better option for a lot of people.

10. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Morph416
    I'd but a retail copy of vister 32bit minus DRM/WMP/IE/OLE/ for 80$
    :X
    please MS make chopped down versions for the masses!!

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

So if people are installing bogus Vi$ta OS, how are they getting around all the new copywrite protections? Validation tools etc.??

12. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

There's more cracks for Vista now, then there have ever been for XP.
    But, no talk of taking out DRM or that moronic Kernel protection mode cr@p yet.
    Guess the crackers decided that if you're gonna use a cracked Vista, you must still suffer the consequences.

13. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Dell once again offers Windows XP

By JESSICA MINTZ, AP Business Writer Thu Apr 19, 7:26 PM ET

SEATTLE - Back by popular demand:
    Windows XP. PC maker Dell Inc. said on its Web site Thursday it will once again let home PC buyers choose between Microsoft Corp.'s older operating system and Windows Vista when they purchase certain new machines.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Dell, like many computer makers, stopped offering XP on most home desktops and laptops soon after Vista launched at the end of January. By late March, the company said only two models aimed at home users could be configured with XP (the option still existed on many models for business users).

But on Dell's IdeaStorm Web site, where visitors can post suggestions for the company and vote on the ones they think are important, a plea titled "Don't eliminate XP just yet" racked up more than 10,700 votes.

"We heard you loud and clear on bringing the Windows XP option back to our Dell consumer PC offerings," Dell responded in a Web posting Thursday.

The company said it will immediately offer XP again an option for four models of its Inspiron notebooks and two models of its Dimension desktop PCs.

This comes just weeks after Dell said it is also planning to offer PCs with
    Linux, a free operating system that competes with Windows.

"This is really odd," said Michael Silver, research vice president at Gartner. "On new PCs, consumers usually do want the latest and greatest."

Microsoft countered that Dell's move was in response to a "small minority of customers" with a "specific request." Michael Burk, a product manager for Microsoft's Windows Client group, said in an e-mailed statement, "The vast majority of consumers want the latest and greatest technology, and that includes Windows Vista."

Michael Gartenberg, vice president and research director of JupiterResearch, said many consumers continue to buy XP because it's familiar, it works with their existing hardware and programs, and is overall "good enough," even though Vista boasts a prettier user interface and stronger security.

"Microsoft is going to have to work hard to make sure that even if companies like Dell are offering XP, their customers don't want it," Gartenberg said. Now is time for the company to crank up Vista marketing, but that may be harder than it sounds.

"Operating systems inherently by nature are kind of boring," he said.

From Yahoo News

14. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

No sh*t, maybe that's why folks DON'T want Vista...
    Because let's face it, it's hardly the greatest...

15. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Last visit to circuitcity the guy says we get so many calls about new comp with xp, another kid from bestbuy told me he was tired of people bugging him about new models with xp, I told him dont complain to me, call all your computer providers and tell them so, maybe they will get the message, dell certainlly did.

16. Howdoody

Howdoody Member

17. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  18. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

Is DirectX 10 really worth the hassle? Does that constitute as an actual question? :D

19. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

yes and no
    pro
    MS is further advancing it for vista
    Looks and preforms better(on the right settings)

con
    only on vister
    DX10 cards are slow on DX9

much like the change of OSs the change to DX 10 is going to be rocky at best.

20. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Hey guys, my friend bought a new laptop and is now locked out of it because he forgot his Vista password. Is there any way for him to recover it/bypass it or will he have to do a system restore? I have zero experience with Vista so I wasn't able to help him. Any help you give me will be much appreciated by both of us.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.