1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask Your Vista Questions Here.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ozzy214, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon01

Simon01 Guest

no the links active it may be aon a bit of a slow server but the crack is defnetly there.
    when you can open the website you just need to make an account to download and it should work.

2. glitchzoo

glitchzoo Regular member

links woking at the moment for me :) servers up now i think.

3. neil0337

neil0337 Regular member

when you right click there should be a "security" tab.go to edit and change it to where you have "full control"

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  4. elbatman

elbatman Member

I wanted to know if it's a good idea to upgrade to windows vista ultimate right now or should i wait? I got the vista ultimate edition.

5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Only if you know windows well,know your hardware and drivers well and know everythign has certified 64bit drivers.

If you have a coupel days to kill and a extra HD to put it on you can paly with vista thats what I plan to do.

6. Howdoody

Howdoody Member

Here's an interesting response to an article, "Microsoft urges businesses to develop an appetite for Vista" by Tom Sanders, on 05 Jun 2007:

Weary Traveler
    On Feb. 27th, I ordered 10 new PCs for my business. I needed them in November but waited so I could get Vista. I have always used Microsoft software and wanted their newest version. Here it is, June 5th and none of the 10 have Vista installed any longer. We had nothing but trouble with Vista, our software and existing hardware. I repeatedly tried to get tech help, sometimes they helped but mostly had no idea how to help me. I would buy Mac's if I hadn't just spent $9500.00 on these new PCs I had built. I spent another $500 on Saturday to have a tech come out, install Linux on a few and Solaris on a few so we could try them out and see if we can make it work. I am not going to buy XP for them, who knows when Microsoft will just stop their support of it. Our office is in a bit of confusion trying to learn how to use Linux and Solaris all of a sudden, but everything is working! Our client list is not being erased every 20 minutes and our billing information is not being corrupted. I don't know where we will be in a year or even 30 days at this point but I am soured on Microsoft forever! I am just upset that Vista cost what it did for what it is. For all of you using Vista, try transferring legal documents with files and photos attached between several PCs between different offices, you'll see what I am talking about. Corrupt files cause losses. Clients and money. I have lost more this year due to Vista than all other years I have been in business combined due to any other software. No, I am not happy and feel for any business that is preparing to buy a new PC. Please, do yourselves a favor. Go to other businesses in your area and ask what they use, how they like it. It will protect you.

Posted by: Marshall Manheim, 06 Jun 2007

7. vatsup69

vatsup69 Guest

Hey everyone, i just installed Microsoft Vista Home Premium this morning and now the mouse and keyboard have stopped working. I have no clue what happened. All I know is that this happened after my computer restarted after a Microsoft automatic update. I do not know what to do? Can anyone related or help me please.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Reinstall Windows XP.

9. vatsup69

vatsup69 Guest

how do I reinstall xp if i cant move mouse or use keyboard?

10. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Simply put in the installation disk then boot up the computer. It should start the disk before booting into vista so you can use the keyboard and mouse (although the installation only uses the keyboard.)

EDIT- grammer

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  11. vatsup69

vatsup69 Guest

oh ok ill try that tomorow thanks

12. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

If it doesn't boot the disk first, you'll need to set it to in the BIOS. You should see something when you first boot up saying something like "press [a key] to enter setup," or "press [a key] to enter BIOS," or the like. Once in the BIOS, look for the startup order. Once, you find that, you will want to set it to start the disk drive before the hard drive (HDD a.k.a. hard disk drive.)

13. vatsup69

vatsup69 Guest

thanks man, I thought my computer was screwed. Should I try to reinstall vista? Or should I just stay with xp?

14. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Well thats your choice. XP is more stable and supported but Vista probably cost you a crapload so you may want to use just because of how much you spent on it. Good luck.

15. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

i'd stick with xp and get the vista themes

16. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

hi, whats the difference between x32 and x86

thanks

17. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

you can run vista without having to pay anythign however even free its still a crappy OS.

18. ireland

ireland Active member

ZoneAlarm Free for Vista 7.1.078.000
    Author: Checkpoint Software
    Date: 2007-06-16
    Size: 17.5 Mb
    License: Freeware

With comprehensive multi-layer protection, including best-of-breed antivirus, anti-spyware, and the renowned ZoneAlarm firewall, ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 7.1 safeguards PC users against today’s most complex online threats. Through its exclusive operating system firewall, ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite employs the deepest levels of integration with the Vista operating system to proactively prevent threats that basic, traditional firewalls and signature-based systems miss.

download here
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/ZoneAlarm_Free_for_Vista_d5693.html

19. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

What I meant was the cost of the OS, as in to buy the box with the disk 'o crap that you use to install the OS and the license key.

20. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

but you dont need to "buy it" :X
    but you might have to get new comp parts,vista is still years away from being the replacement for XP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.