1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask Your Vista Questions Here.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ozzy214, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dante666

dante666 Guest

when i start a game on vista it won't run it says Couldn't initialize graphics engine can someone please tell me how to fix this? the games i'm trying to run are windows xp

2. mikeshelb

mikeshelb Member

Windows - No Disk
    Exception Processing message Oxc0000013 Parameters Ox75BB023C
    Ox84703834 Ox75BB023C Ox75BB023C

What is this? Everything appears to be working fine. Dialog box is a nuisance. Clicking Cancel, Retry, Continue makes it go away only after clicking a number of times.

3. Leviathin

Leviathin Member

After reading a million reviews about Vista, I've gotta disaggree...

Vista is great! Beta was a disappointment because it was still in the middle of testing, don't give your hopes up for a great operating system just from BETA reviews. I recently installed Vista Home Premium on a incredibly shity computer, but surprisingly it works very well, just as well as XP PRO did!

Only one problem for me though, my external speakers don't work! The brand is "Polk Audio" very very old speakers, but they still do the job, well they did when XP PRO was on my computer. I know this is fixable! Please help!

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I know this maybe obvouis but have you gone to device manager and right clicked and updated the driver. If you have the only other thing i can think of is what i did to update my blue tooth you would need to do a Google search of the name of your sound card and for its drivers for vista.

See what you get.

5. Leviathin

Leviathin Member

Yeah I thought of both ways and already tried, and I tried again just to make sure I didn't miss something...

Please help!

6. LaJin9292

LaJin9292 Member

I need big help!
    I recently had a virus on my brand new Vista(so much for "improved security" >_> )And after I snached an (of course illegal,cuz I aint paying money and waiting for my PC to die till I get one)copy of Nod32 and got rid of it. After a long time we tried for the Windows Media Center to get TV on it but it crashes all the time leaving a message:To help protect your computer Data Execution Prevention (DEP) closed the program. Well I`m thinking the Virus messed with it somehow. Problem is that some other Programs have the same error messages (mostly insignificant ones) but it is really bothering me. I scanned my PC with Nod32,Ad-Aware,Ran a registry cleaner too and well my PC "should" be healthy but,well,it isn't. I don't want to reinstall it because some stupid people thought up that my PC doesn't come with the Vista installer itself.(I can get it delivered free tough but I have no Idea how and where and how to prove that I have free access to it and such) So is there ANYONE in the friggin' world who knows what the heck to do? Its no big deal,but its really annoying :(

Another Issue:Many times when I'm playing my custom list in WMP and the shuffle is on it starts to play a track I hadn't chose.The same annoying arabian soundtrack every time.I'm guessing its a sample song but problem is I deleted the sample songs but it still starts sometimes @_@. I happen to experience this more often while playing a game.This isnt such a big deal either,I'd just love to know that like you know...What the heck ??????????

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

If it's brand new, then there should be a warranty. You should have papers to verify that you bought the pc from a reputable source and should have a disc or some way to get it free. Sounds like you should get a good virus detection and firewall software whatever you end up doing. If nothing else erase HDD and install windows XP.

8. Leviathin

Leviathin Member

Simple solution... Reformatt your drive, and install Windows Vista again, if you don't have the disc just download the .iso for it, burn it to disc, when prompted for install just insert the product key from your purchased version, and it should work. And I don't understand why you can't get a disc for installing Vista, if its free...

Also Vista won't completely protect you from viruses, adware, or spyware, you should have install a Anti-Virus/Internet Secruity Suite from when Vista was installed... If your still looking for a program, I recommend BitDefender AntiVirus V10.

9. Leviathin

Leviathin Member

No one has responded, I've changed my speakers to some Dell speakers from another computer in my house in hope that it would work but it still does not work... Any solutions or anyone know what is wrong and if it's fixable or not?

Please respond (sorry for double posting, it's been several hours from my last post)

10. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

The only thing i can suggest other than what i did it maybe that your sound card may not be compatible with vista and needs to be changed other than that im out of ideas.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  11. LaJin9292

LaJin9292 Member

I hate reformatting,I mean you know,where the hell will I make a backup of my 100GB programs I had trouble of downloading? OK ok RWDVDs arent that hard to find in huge packs at anytime but still :p
    Can you tell me where can I download the .ISO from? Also if you can tell me where to find my product key for it would be very great.
    The Virus had came in the beginning when my sis wanted to get on the net and **** around >_> not letting me go and find all the defense before anything could happen,well she got some stupid Trojan from somewhere.I now have everything. Thanks for all info so far.

12. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

you had vista pre-installed in your pc?? you should be able to re-install without a problem, you should have the set of recovery discs, right??

100GB of software is a bit heavy, maybe there's where the virus got you. Another option to back-up your stuff is by copying it into external drives.

13. FredBun

FredBun Active member

14. CODO69

CODO69 Guest

Perhaps someone here can help with a problem because hp and windows chat client are no help. I recently got a HP dv9428nr laptop with Vista home premium installed on it. For the most it works fine.....except, the sidebar program. I've had to do a complete system restore 3 times now only to find out that some of my programs that i had installed were not vista compatible. So i didn't install them. But it seems that anything i install whether its vista compatible or not, 2 things happen. 1st my drivers for my mouse touch pad quit working, i got the installation program to fix that, np. 2nd windows sidebar doesn't load on startup. I got into control pannel and to the sidebar option. iv'e checked and unchecked the run on startup box and neither one works. Like I said earlier HP and windows live tech support hasn't got a clue, and im not about to pay $59 for windows to email me back and forth.

PLEASE! somebody help me.

15. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Well this may not work and probably sounds like a real blue collar way of fixing it but, did you try manually putting a shortcut to the sidebar program in the startup folder? I not going to guaranty it working but its worth a shot.

16. Altometrn

Altometrn Guest

Yeah, DEP is a pain in the arse, here's how to disable it:

TO DISABLE (D)ATA (E)XECUTION (P)REVENTION:

Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt (right click and choose ‘Run as Administrator’)

Type in: “bcdedit.exe/set {current} nx AlwaysOff”

If performed correctly, you will get ‘Operation Completed Successfully’ message

Reboot computer to make changes take effect.

This should take care of the problem for you.

17. GHOST686

GHOST686 Regular member

Ok this might be somewhat off topic but here I go. I need help making my vista run smoother and faster. I have read that you can use "msconfig" and uncheck the services that you do not need running. Ok if true like I think it is then do I run the risk of damaging that program (as of not letting the program run). Also this site http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/127564 says that I can use "msconfig" to let me know what programs I need running or I don’t. so I understand that part but. When I go to RUN and I type in "msconfig" what comes up on my vista is "system configuration". Witch looks like it does the same thing. When system config is up it shows me all of the possesses' that are running and all of the services that are running. Really to get to the point the question is have anyone messed around with this?

Sorry this a stupid question.... I know I know, I feel like a newbie right now!!!

18. Aircraft0

Aircraft0 Member

How do I open video links and audio links with Vista and WMP 11? Everytime someone sends me a link to a streaming video file, or mp2 file, I get the "Page cannot be displayed Internet explorer blablabla....." If I click on the same link with my XP PC, the link automatically opens in WMP and plays fine.

Here is some other examples, these audio files won't open on my Vista machine, but If I save target as, then I can only open them in iTunes, but on my XP Machine, they work fine.

http://www.tasteebros.com/sounds/3d-humm.mp2

http://www.tasteebros.com/sounds/Mycountr.mp2

both work fine on XP machine, nothing on Vista

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  19. 21Q

21Q Regular member

OK, I was installing vista business (reinstallation disk) on to a partition on my primary drive. I use Windows XP MCE. I made a partition to install vista as I've done before. I installed it as I've done before. BUT NOW I CAN"T BOOT IN TO XP!!! It will give me an error which I don't have at the moment, at the bottom of the error it says it may be missing or corrupt. My xp partition is still on my computer but is now my second drive for some reason. I can see all the files and everything. Vista has decided to name make it's partition the main and is now the C drive will the XP is the D drive. I really need help here I no longer have the reinstallation disk for my XP MCE. Please help ma asap. The registration is wacked out so I only have 30 days!

20. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

Why is MS selling it if there's some bugs in the OS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.