1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask Your Vista Questions Here.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ozzy214, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

questions on vista
    i can not find my new vista laptop on my network when using my xp desktop. the vista lt will see all my other pc's but the other ones will not see the vista one. i want to share my pic am unable too.

2. menai

menai Member

Hi,

I just installed Windows Vista and working it all out atm, but one issue i have is when i connect my external hard drive, i get access denied when trying to access it

i can see it there as a drive but cannot get in

i checked the security settings and sharing and all that but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Also, ill be posting this in the xbox forum but thought i try here first, when tryinig to connect to my windows vista pc through the network share from XBMC (XBOX Media Centre), i can see the shared directories, but i keep getting prompted for username and password.

ive had a look at a few settings on vista such as disabling the user login and clearing the password for my user profile on vista

actually, this happens when i try and connect from my xp machine aswell.

i can connect to my xp machine from vista, but i cant connect to my vista machine from xp

im sure these are simple problems but i really dont have time to muck around so any help would be much apreciated.

3. GTR35

GTR35 Active member

CAN anyone tell me why Vista suck so much!

AND is there Service Pack for it yet?

4. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

update for all
    after a couple hours looking i found how to access my vista pc through my xp
    now all my xp pc machine find my 1 lone vista machine.
    what i did was change the work group name on vista pc to match my xp ones !!!!!!

5. moocow666

moocow666 Guest

i just upgrade from xp to vista on my laptop and now only half of the screen it used there are huge black bars around the edge

6. Twoturns

Twoturns Guest

Windows Search

When I installed Vista I disabled Windows Search because I read how slow it made things but now I con't search emails which is pretty frustrating. Can anyone tell either how to turn this on or if there is another utility I can use to search emails.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah, it's called Windows XP and it works for everything. Microsoft has improved itself to death with Vista! LOL

8. jordanNOV

jordanNOV Guest

For consumers Vista will ALWAYS suck. Change it from "1984" to VISTA
    This system monitors everything you do. It will decide what programs and hardware you can install. And for copying, creating DVDs forget about it . This system is the answer for "copyright infringement" Wait soon we will here "..and prosecution call your pc to the witness stand" I have no doubt that eventually this system will report your every action and it currently restricts many internet activities.

But MS need not worry, people have short memories, and blind hope (that it's not so bad or will get better) are lazy (won't protest or boycott with any real substantial effort), Oh yeah, if those people are Americans you can run anything pass them (Bush, Iraq, Homeland security Act, illegal aliens...)

Lets not forget that Microsoft already makes $$ hand over world. So go out and get Vista and re buy most of your software, peripherals

http://badvista.fsf.org/
    http://badvista.fsf.org/what-s-wrong-with-microsoft-windows-vista

you can fool some of the people...

9. FredBun

FredBun Active member

, great article from badvista, anyway, I could never understand even when vista first came out why people were rushing to it, than were running like hell from it after finding out all its problems, but when I first heard about the drm crap, that was enough for me to say you can stick this new OS were the sun don't shine.

It will be xp as far as I can take it, and if that doesn't work anymore it will be linux or something similar, I am no techie and never will be, I do always hear that linux is very complicated, but if worse comes to worse I'll find a class somewhere or some kid and pay for the time till I learn the damn thing.

10. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I dunno Vista is being fixed and polished like XP was the question is will they keep working on it or pull a ME...

oh and the DRM is broken and easily bypassed.

11. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Oh I'm sure some of the kinks are getting straightened out, but there's much more involved.

I remember getting xp when it was about 6 months old, I didn't have any problem at all, occasionaly you heard that were some problems, but nothing to the extent of this beast(vista), this thing has caused some serious problems and still does.

In the badvista article don't forget about all it's other issue's, this thing will track you forever, use it's own idea's on what you can use or not, limits you to one system the list goes on and on plus trying to sell you several different system's for ridiculous prices.

Than the biggest one that get's my goat, the drm issue, how dare they, sucking up to the music and movie industry, the real pirates are gonna bypass anything you throw at them anyway, most people like myself have nothing to do with pirating and never will, and again most people like myself are not that tech savy, like you say it's easily bypassed, maybe easy for you, not myself and most, I have asked at different places, I have to get my advise from places like circuitcity or bestbuy or a computer repair shop, some say it can be done but they don't know how some say it can't, now these are suppose to be techie people, if thier confused how to you think I feel.

Nah, this vista thing should be outlawed, xp for me till something simular or better comes along and it sure isn't vista.

12. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

if the windows vista is released in a iso format do i need to crack the software still?

13. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

if the windows vista is released in a iso format do i need to crack the software still?

when burning the iso can i burn it on dvd decrypter?

14. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

i wouldn't crack an OS, apart from the fact that piracy is not tolerated at AD, why would you want to use vista? stay with xp or better
    if it's a back up copy your doing a program like nero would do it, i'm not sure about decrypter(typos)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  15. darthmunk

darthmunk Member

Hey, I just got Windows Vista which came already installed with my new computer, but we did not receive the installation disc and serial number. Should there be a file located on my computer that is Vista and should be burned?

16. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

i dont have to crack the vista software because its automatically cracked when its in a format of iso,and i can burn the software right away
    is that correct?

and what option in nero do i use to burn the windows vista software?

17. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

open nero express. then choose: image, project, copy. then choose: disc image or saved project

18. Rajj

Rajj Regular member

when it is a iso format do i need to crack or put any code in or is it already cracked?

19. darthmunk

darthmunk Member

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Rajj - no further discussions of cracks will be tolerated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.