1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask Your Vista Questions Here.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ozzy214, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

X360pt

Were you playing a song when you opened Media player? Was the Now Playing tab click? If so you'll get a visual of the playing music something akin to my generation's awful attempts of illusions while on an LSD trip. LMFAO Your video card should be alright especially if everything else looks OK! You made my day! Me thinks you chose wrong OS! Good luck!

Edit: If this is so, just click on LIBRARY tab. To view what's in it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. X360pt

X360pt Member

nah this happends when i open windows media center, and like this graphical lines show up, but like if i click on the maximize button it then goes into a smaller sreen like normal and everything works fine, it's so weird, by the way my vista ultimate ein't retail lol, but everyhing's activated etc.. everything else works.

still need assitance!!

lol

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I used to get this problem and the only way i fixed this problem was getting a graphic card and installing it. Then the lines in Windows Media Centre go and you will see the program in all its glory.

4. X360pt

X360pt Member

thanks alot, so r u 100% sure tht's the prob then graphics card?

if yes them am relieved lol, wht gpahics card would u recommend me to get i've got a pci express connection type.

thanks for tht m8.

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Any Nvida Card and Ati card should do the trick mate. I went with a Nvidia Gforce 512MB GS 7600. Works like a charm

I think if you go for a minumum of 128 or above you should b kewl in either of those 2 cards.

6. X360pt

X360pt Member

oright thanks, ummm is this a decent graphics card?

1GB ATi Radeon 3450 CrossfireX PCI-E Graphics Card

let me know.

cheers

7. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

That should do the job and then also give u some extra kick :)
    You will have some fun with that :)

8. X360pt

X360pt Member

why's tht then?? u talking about the hypermemory tool tht this card has??

lol

Last edited: Jun 5, 2008
  9. psplvanub

psplvanub Guest

thanks for the info, buddy!

10. narmo

narmo Member

anyones close, minimize, maximize buttons not working ? i'm usin vista. the animation shows that its being pressed but the command is not being done. it happens in every window. any program. need help.

11. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

I have a Question concerning Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit X86 oem that..i have now with this will or will not see up to 4Gigs of memory or just 3.5 gigs ? Or do..i need Vista 64 bit to see 4gigs to 8 gigs all the way up to 16gigs of memory of ddr2 ? another words is vista like windows Xp home and pro with there 32 bit also only see's 3.5gigs or 4?

12. truno

truno Member

Has anyone gotten a vista and xp machine to play nice on the same network. It took me forever to get them to see each other but now i only get a 10 mbps conectivity and i have 100mps Ethernet hooked up. I also have two xp machines on wireless N that get faster connectivity in between them using the same Dlink router. I've installed IpV6 on all xp machines I have turned off all of vistas firewalls and safety features and I still have speed problems between vista and xp while my XP machines have no problems in between themselves.

13. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

You need a 64 bit OS to see anything over 3.12 gigs even in XP.

14. jruc03

jruc03 Member

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to download the lastest guide for windows media center from a different computer since I don't have internet access with the computer that has windows media center, and then put it on the other computer so that when i use windows media center i have a guide?

15. LOCOENG

Download the guide and print it out or put it on a thumbdrive or disc.

16. jruc03

jruc03 Member

I dont want a print out of it i want it on my computer so that when i'm watching tv i know whats on television that night. Also i don't think there is a direct download of it so that i can take it and put it on a usb drive to move over to my computer, i've been searching but cant find anywhere to download it from.

17. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I have a quick question. At launch, Vista was getting a lot of crap about the licensing and how it allowed Microsoft to pretty much do whatever it wanted to your computer. My question is whether or not there's anything I should do to my OEM Home Premium installation to block any intrusions from Microsoft, or have they realized that it's my computer?

18. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Thanks locoeng for getting back to me on that...:)

19. LOCOENG

The way you worded your question it sounded as if you were looking for a guide or tutorial on how to use WMC. So how do you expect to get streaming updated content on a PC that isn't connected to the internet...I don't think it can be done.

@WierdName

You can disable autoupdating much like in XP ~ http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/120695-windows-update-windows-automatic-updating.html

...or is this not what you are talking about? Are you getting a licensing message? What does it say exactly?

@bigwill

No problem.

BTW, your sig is too big bud...need to fix it. The sig specs can be found in the rules link in my sig.

20. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

It doesn't say anything actually. Everything is working fine. I was just curious if there was anything I might need to do to prevent Microsoft from playing big brother with my computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.