1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask Your Vista Questions Here.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ozzy214, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

how about plugging al the lil tracking thigns they put in the crack? *L*

besides it takes a few months for the cracks and the updates to have a nice middle aera of it working and be patched enough to amke it worth running.

2. REYREY1

REYREY1 Guest

Didn't have any problems with the cracks ain't tried the updates yet will do that soon to see if it official has cracked vista.

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

half of the newer easy to find cracks have all kinds of trojins and hidden tracking stuff.
    just warning you is all its good it works it means non spy/ad/mal ware will be made sooner rather than later *L*

4. REYREY1

REYREY1 Guest

opps

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2006
  5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

shareing of cracks is a no no better remove before a mod finds it and banfries you :p

hehehehe :p

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  6. REYREY1

REYREY1 Guest

lol at least remove your quote mate.

7. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

:p

8. REYREY1

REYREY1 Guest

Nice one

9. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I still say all you dummies that get vista should have your computers replaced with a teething ring.
    And FYI, those cracks won't last long, as soon as vista officially hits consumer shelves in stores, there will be more sh*t for them to patch than there was with XP.
    Hell, the first range of updates for vista will be out next week.
    So we'll see how long those cracks hold up this time.
    Btw, you don't seem to be running ultimate with all the bells and whistles on...
    What's the matter, PC couldn't handle it ?

10. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

The_Fiend
    it burns it burns so :p
    meh in time (6-18 months) it should be patched enough to try or even keep.
    but untill then its not even worth looking at to try and test it.

11. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

...Which is my point exactly.
    Lets be honest, i have the coporate install discs here, i wouldn't need no stinking hacks or patches, it's just that all the bullsh*t this comes with and all the bloat makes it seem useless.
    There's already more holes discovered in Vista now then there where with XP in the entire year of 2005, so why anyone would be stupid enough to install this hunk of junk is beyond me.
    And i had a look at the DRM's, and i don't even want to go into how badly you'll break the kernel if you try to work around them.
    It will take either a stroke of luck or a sheer genius to crack this puppy.
    So i say Billy Ga(y)tes can stick it.

12. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

The_Fiend
    then crawl under a rock and be in mac land or use unix and stop wanting windose stuff to run on it you can't have it both ways.XP took a year to mature,vister will be no different because they used the same old build plan they used for XP dev for it a bit beta test it for a bit find all sort of crap to be fixed skip fixing them now and release it NOW and then fix it as it goes along sadly thats how MS works,MAC works but unless a virtual console can do 3D its pointless dual booting is pointless unless you don't use the computer alot or you have a 2nd PC,if you have a 2nd PC just put XP on it and use 2K,linux or MAC,Windose aint going anywhere ,early adaption for OSs and consoles are genrealy costly and pointless unless its a WII... MAC has had only acouple slip ups with OSX so thier reelase record is good but genrealy theres 1 that breaks the don't buy it when it first comes out rule..

13. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I will have microsoft's cake and eat it too !
    Also, that last reply makes no sense whatsoever, try to breathe and think between sentences FFS.
    Not to mention it's hard to read since there's no structure.
    And the spelling... well..
    Since yer already on dial up, you might as well take the time to do a spell check, it can't take that much time.

14. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

REYREY1,
    About that screenshot that you linked to...
    It seems a little strange that the activation window says 'Activation Successful', and yet in the bottom right corner of the screen, just above the taskbar, it says 'Evaluation Copy'.

15. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Damn, i didn't even notice that, good catch...

16. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

The_Fiend,
    MS is going to release DirectX 10 only for windows vista, so gaming users will have to switch over to it at some point or the other...

17. REYREY1

REYREY1 Guest

I've noticed that myself. I just installed to test it out see what its got to offer me when it gets released.

18. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Not really ashwin, cause microsoft isn't allowed to force such a monopoly on consumers.
    The EU comission already forced them to reveal the full source code of XP recently, so if enough complaints come in about this, microsoft will be forced to spill the goods on DirectX 10.

Not to mention there will be ports of directX 10 for mac and linux *which can lead to open source versions for XP*, or at least the gaming industry and microsoft will have to come up with an equivalent or replacement if they don't want to end up paying through the @ss to microsoft's competitors and the antitrust foundations....

19. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

LOL, I wasn't complaining ;)
    I was just pointing out that the 'crack' dosen't work entirely. I won't be surprised if you get an activation screen a few days (may be a month) from now.

Well, from what I've heard, DX10 cannot be made for Windows XP, or any other version, because it'll cause system instability(!). This is due to the fact that XP is made in such a way that it'll never be able to support DX10 (even if it want's to). So you see, MS isin't 'forcing' a monooply on purpose, but it is forced to do so.
    But again, that is from what I've read somewhere, and may be incorrect. Everyone hopes that you're right about that, hell, who wouldn't want to see an open source version of XP :)

20. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Re-read what i said, and thell me why that last sentence of yours is a misinterpretation of what i said...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.