1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aspect ratio problem using ConvertxtoDVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by knicks0, Jan 5, 2008.

1. knicks0

knicks0 Member

Hi,
    I'm having a problem using Convertxtodvd. I have a Xvid file of excellent quality that is 672 x 288 (2.333 ratio). When I play the file with Windows Media Player, it looks great. It fits the full screen horizontally, with black bars on the bottom and top.

The settings in the program are set to automatic aspect ratio. I checked the information before pressing convert and it said it was using 16:9. However, once I played the DVD in Windows Media Player, it didn't look right. It was shrunk horizontally so that faces looked tall and narrow. When in full screen mode, the picture doesn't even cover the entire screen. It's just kind of centered in the middle of the screen and neither the top/bottom or the sides go all the way across the screen.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. usernamex

usernamex Member

Try using DivxtoDVD from VSO first, then burn the converted file with ConvertXtoDVD or CopytoDVD. DivxtoDVD is freeware.

3. knicks0

knicks0 Member

Thanks for the reply. I'll try it, but any idea why it won't work in convertxtodvd? I want to use that because of subtitle support.

4. Fiji5555

Fiji5555 Member

Try setting the aspect ratio manually. I had problems in the past using the automatic settings.

5. knicks0

knicks0 Member

How can I do that? There's only a dropdown menu in the settings to pick either automatic, 16:9, or 4:3.

6. knicks0

knicks0 Member

I just burned it using divxtodvd and it worked perfectly fine. The size is good and it's full screen in Windows Media Player. I have no clue why it won't work with my registered version of convertxtodvd. Any ideas??

7. knicks0

knicks0 Member

Never mind guys. It actually did burn correctly the first time. Just something with my laptop that won't make it full screen for some reason. It worked fine in another laptop and a standalone DVD player.