1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aspi Question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pchan424, Feb 14, 2005.

1. pchan424

pchan424 Member

I used the adeptec aspi thing to install the asapi drivers as stated in the instructions but when i do the aspi check my thing is missing some. here is how it looks

ASPI32.SYS 4.71.2 16512
    WOWPOST.EXE Not Installed 0
    WINASPI.DLL Not Installed 0
    WNASPI32.DLL 4.71.2 45056

Im not sure how to get the not installeds fixed and im having a problem with burning dvds. im prety sure its most likely do to this. Anyone offer help? thanks much

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

What OS are you using?And what programs are you trying to run.If you are running XP you may not need the aspi.You can look for the force aspi if you really need to install one.I have the link somewhere if you need it.

3. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Im running windows xp pro. I just recently reformated and cleaned everything up and burning worked fine before. Well i tried to do a direct copy of a non copywrite protected disc(just one i made) and it failed 3 times in a row. I was using nero 6 ultra edition. i was trying to use to copy disc method. its worked before i reformated is why this puzzles me so i figured it must be the aspi. I also tried 2 different types of media. some crapy cmc mag memorex and some Taiyo Yuden that i orderd. Thanks again for the help

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

Nero has its own aspi layer go into Nero Info Tool click on the aspi tab and see what it says.Have you tried un-installing and re-installing Nero.Also what other burning apps are you using?Here is a link for the force aspi,I would use this as a last resort.
    http://cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/frcaspi.cfm

I have one machine running XP Pro with force aspi and one without both seem to burn the same and run all apps as well.Good Luck!

5. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Thanks for the help. I did the force ASPI thing and all the numbers are correct now. I didnt help the problem through i think i might have been trying to copy a corupt disc or something cus i coppied another one and it worked. But im sure fixing my ASPI will save me problems later on becuase before i did the force nero's tool check said the system ASPI was corrupt now its fine. Welp thanks again for the help

6. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  7. wild77

wild77 Guest

No problem,Happy Burning!