1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

asrock775dual-vsta winxp install help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by defjukie, Aug 7, 2007.

1. defjukie

defjukie Member

I recently started building a new computer. I have an asrock 775dual vsta with a pentium d925 stock cooling for now, 2 gigs of crucial ddr1, geforce 7600gt agp, new 120 maxtor ide hdd and cd/dvd burner. I've got the board to post just fine and tried to install windows xp but i've been getting multiple stop "bsod" errors. Everything from file system, to drivers not less or equal, to cdrom.sys comes up. it almost always fails while copying "driver.cab" for the install process at about 10%. I have tried 2 versions of windows and ubuntu but I can't get the damn board to load an os no matter what I do with the bios settings. I can't find any related problems anywhere with google and the asrock guys aren't actually reading my questions before they send back a generic response. If anyone can give me some feedback it'd be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to get the latest drivers on the board before installing an OS? I've already flashed to the latest bios and all my parts I know are in good working order. At anyrate PLEASE HELP

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

All the errors you have can be fixed (usually) but it would probably just be easier to reinstall windows.