1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASUS CRW-4824AH Problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by bjc103, Sep 23, 2004.

1. bjc103

bjc103 Member

Hi, Ive recently formatted my Compaq Presario PC using the in built system format program that they rpovide. However, since doing this, whenever i have tried to put any tye of CD into the ASUS CRW drive it will try to load for a very long time before either finally doing so or failing to do so. Also when using any Writing program it consistently says please insert blank media for ages before finally accepting there is one it. When the process of recording starts it never completes and always havgs around the point where it actually begins to write on the cd.

Any advice. Is it a driver thing and if so where do i go to fix it. Cheers!

Ben

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You should totally remove whatever burning software you are using and re-install it ..... !

3. bjc103

bjc103 Member

Appreciate the help, but having already tried that i dont think that the software is the problem. As i said, it cant actually read any burnt media cd's blank or not blank. I think it is something to do with the hardware, is it perhaps a driver i deleted when i formatted the computer.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You are the doctor !

5. moshino

moshino Guest

Ye Ive got the same problem wen i formatted my compaq pc. Have u fixed the problem yet?