1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASUS DVD-RW DRW 0402P

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kfandango, Sep 2, 2004.

1. kfandango

kfandango Member

I need to update my firmware but have never ever done this kind of thing before. I understand that the only way is by useing some Pioneer firmware. Is there anything that anyone can give me, a newbie, that will do the trick? Don't forget I have little knowledge but would appreciate a piece of firmware on this from anyone. Thanx

2. kfandango

kfandango Member

To follow up on this, I have started getting messages when burning with either Nero or CopyToDvd to the effect that I am having a power calibration error?????

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

A power calibration error is most often caused by piss poor media. What brand/type media are you using?

Asus DVD burners are indeed rebadged Pioneers but there is something you need to absolutely sure of before you attempt to flash your drive,

The DRW 0402P is Pioneer 105 single format drive. It only writes to -R.

The DRW 0402P/D is a Pioneer 106 dual format drive meaning it writes to both -/+ R.

Once you determine which one you have the firmware can be found here:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=4&manufactor=6

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants...And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33
    http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim[/small]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  4. kfandango

kfandango Member

Yeah, I understand about the media. I am going to get some more better quality stuff today and I will try again. The link you gave me however appears to be dead, or am I just having a crap time with my computer.

5. kfandango

kfandango Member

Done it. I found that the only way to do it however was to use ultraedit. Once I had the hang of it and got it to work I then upgraded to the latest version of the Pioneer firmware. I also seem to have solved the power calibration problem as well. Many thx to you for your help