1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus K72jk laptop

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by 98sohc, Mar 5, 2013.

1. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

Hello all!!,

I just have a quick question to ask, i am very good with desktops but laptops not so much..anyways, my asus k72jk when i try to power on, light comes on, you here the fans start then it shuts down and nothing...i have opened and took the motherboard out to see what mobo it is and it says asus k72jr, rev 2.0. i have tried pulling out ram sticks (1 at a time both slots, both sticks, swapped hdd's, pulled battery, with battery, etc...i can confirm that i do not hear any beeps what so ever so i am kind of stumped, please if anyone can shed some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much in advance.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

look at the silver topped capacitors that look like pop cans that the tops are flat not domed.

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

5. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

do you think it is safe to say it is the motherboard? or by chance you think it is cpu? i found a replacement motherboard online for 120.00, cheapest i could find. What you guys think?

6. phonix01

phonix01 Member

hey pal check your buzzers in the motherboard and if it seems OK check the capacitors but nothing happens u can change your mother board but go for a brand new one and don't fall for fakes

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i would say it is the motherboard not the cpu. i presume the laptop was on external power with main battery removed?

phonix01, reread 98sohc's posts as obvious you didn't read them at all.