1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASUS P4C800 Deluxe usb problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Bfizzle4, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Bfizzle4

Bfizzle4 Member

First i would like to thank ddp for helping me with my floppy drive problem. Hopefully this problem will have just as easy a fix.

I have an ASUS P4C800 motherboard i875 chipset. On the I/O shield there are 4 USB ports. I have my mouse and my printer hooked up to two and they work fine. The other two ports on the back don't seem to work at all. I mainly have tried hooking my digital camera up to these ports, but i have also tried other devices to make sure it isn't just the camera, which works on other computers.

The motherboard also has two sets of 9 pins that more usb ports can be hooked up to. I took my time and hooked these up to the two USB ports on the front of my case. These unfortunately don't work either. I checked my bios and all 8 possible ports are enabled. If anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it, all advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

take a look at motherboard closely to see any fried components & traces, had that happen on a customer's board, 2 back usbs worked but not front found fried section on board, rma'd it

3. Bfizzle4

Bfizzle4 Member

I don't see any fried components. I just unplugged my mouse that was located in a USB port and plugged it into the ps/2 port. I then tried to hook something else up to the open usb port and that didnt work! i then put my mouse back in and it worked. It doesn't make sense that only my mouse works in that usb port.

4. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

have you tried reloading the usb drivers off of your motherboard disc ? does everything show up working in the device manager ?

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Also, update your firmware and the Intel software for your mobo. I have the same mobo and have no problems, but I loaded all drivers from the disk that came with it first, then have periodically gone to the Asus website and downloaded all updates.