1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus P5K-V LAN seems to have just died?????

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mikeh0303, Oct 15, 2007.

1. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

I have a computer with an Asus P5K-V motherboard i built. It was working fine... then vista updated the lan driver and now the LAN will not work ( i tried everything to re-install it ) so i formatted the computer and put xp on it, tried to install the driver and no luck.... it will just run for hours and when i finally give up and press the reset button the computer will take about an hour to turn back on.....

my questions:

-Is the physical LAN connector dead?
    -If so what the hell do i do?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I had that with my A8N-SLI SE. Unfortunately, what followed was all the controllers on the board failing successively until the board was rendered useless. It might be wise to RMA the board.

3. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

Thanks for your help sam, but first i decided to un-do all the overclocking, and the problem is now gone (along with many hours of trying and re trying to install different os and drivers :( )

Now I am wondering, because it was the overclocking that caused the problem can i not overclock this board? Cause that would really suck :(

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hmm, dunno, never kept my A8N board overclocked. This one I do, and no LAN issues so far. Perhaps raise your chipset voltage? mine's been upped to 1.56V.