1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Athlon XP production to end

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by agent-k, Sep 12, 2004.

1. otester

otester Guest

Who likes Intel, there expensive and nasty just like Nvidia . AMD are cheap, good just like ATi.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Sep 17, 2004
  3. john179

john179 Active member

Lets be honest it is all about what you prefer and what you can afford.AMD is in my price range and i believe i have had value for money out of them.Both intel and AMD are both good its all about what you can afford to put in your system.I have a intel in my system at work and a AMD at home both do the job.

4. Nephilim

You hit the nail right on the head there John.

Both companies make outstanding chips and which is best for you depends entirely on your specific needs, budget and personal preference.

As with the ATI/nVidia debate, I liken it to a Ford vs. Chevy argument. The Ford fans nitpick stupid stuff about the Chevies and and the Chevy fans do the same despite the fact that both makers put out good trucks and everyone knows it. If they didn't niether one would have sold many trucks/chips or have been in business for as long as they have.

Unfortunatey there's no end to the empty-headed twits like otester that run around perpetuating childish, uninformed arguments in the pitifully sad belief that they actually know something.

5. john179

john179 Active member

Totally agree with what you say there Nephilim both are bloody good chips.This is why i got a little p__sed off with them being called toy computers.I totally respect drchips view and that is his point of view.But if AMD is for toy computers there a bloody lot of toy computers around that work just as good as the real so called computer.For me AMD and Intel make bloody good chips with alot of happy customers.Just look at everyone who is gutted that AMD are nocking certain chips on the head.Sounds like alot of unhappy customers i'm sure.No we have to appreciate where AMD and Intel have taken the chip so far and i'm sure these guys will be the leaders in the sale of chips for along time to come.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Heh, heh, it was kind of fun watching John get his clock wound by our resident expert drchips,

Way to go M. :) an enjoyable read -

Nite mate,

Pete

7. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

i was looking forward to getting a 2500+ and ocing to

8. john179

john179 Active member

You know me Pete can be easy wound up if somone says the wrong thing.But hey thats me never mean any offence to anyone apart from Bin Larden.

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Sorry my friend, you picked upon the wrong guy.

He's the only guy I trusted to give remote control over my PC. He cleaned it up in no time saving me days and days of work and even then, I probably wouldn't have gotten it all right - he did :))

Ya shouldn't have messed with him, but then again, you know that by now don't ya -

He's quick to forgive though, you'll get along with him from now on (just don't raise to his bait next time he goes fishing, Lol ;)

Cheers John,

Pete

10. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

My neighbour wanted me to upgrade his crap computer today. Gave me £150 to buy the parts.
    My first choice was a xp2500 but couldn't get one anywhere. All the local computer shops are still advertising them but can't get them.
    All I could get for the money was
    Asus A7N8X-X
    512Mb pc3200 400 DDR
    And a Sempron 2400.

Took out his 250Watt power supply and put in one of my old 350Watters

Can't beleive what a good processor the Sempron is.
    It's really fast considering it only runs at 1.66Ghz

Hang on.....I think I'll start a new thread telling you all about it.

11. john179

john179 Active member

Hey Pete no worrys i can take what i give and i'm a big enough man to know when i'm in the wrong.John179 will alwalys stick up for what he believes in regardless how big the fish is.Stature means nothing to me you should know that by now.Be he a mod be he Bill Gates i will have my say just coz i may know less this will not stop the mind of john179 saying what he thinks.I do not pretend to know all and anyone who claims they do will be proven wrong on a forum to the quality of AD more fool them.But all to one side i have apologised to drchips for the way i spoke my mind as i admitt it was a little harsh as the wise Agent-k mentioned.I'm really glad drchips sorted your pc out which shows he is a man of his words.But as a inteligent a man drchips is he knew saying toy computers would fuel someone up which he is a big enough man to put his hat up to.My hat goes off to you both as drchips proves his stuff and to you who is good enough to mention this.But let it be said John179 does not care for stature or size we can all be wrong in some times in life.Me more than many others but stature and someones knowledge will not hold me down i'll just bug them till i have drained there knowledge and thank them for teaching me.AD is the best place to learn so god bless people like you and drchips with all your supreme knowledge.But bow don't think so John179 bows to know one.
    Thanks
    John179
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The Greatest football team in the world
    Asus A7V8X-X XP2800+,2x120gb,1.5gb Ram
    Ati 128mb Graphics,Lite-on 411S NEC 2510A
    os windows xp sp1[/small]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2004
  12. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hey John179, There is nothing wrong with sticking up for what you believe in. Now that you are one of the IN crowd that has met DrChips and crossed swords sort of speaking, you get to sit back and watch the next time someone trys to take him on. His remark was in fun and you just happened to miss it. Its all in a days work at AfterDawn. I can't wait till the next DrChips Hour on this station.

Jerry

13. Nephilim

The good Doc does seem to have a bit of a cult following around here :)

14. john179

john179 Active member

Respect to the Doc and you guys

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

We never doubted your resolve to speak your mind John, as my friend's have said, you're now one of the "IN CROWD" - sit back and relax -

Cheers,

Pete

16. john179

john179 Active member

Thanks Pete