1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI AIW card which one

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Stoner51, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Stoner51

Stoner51 Guest

I want to be able to record TV programs on my HDD and then burn to dvd, My vcr sucks at recording. I wanted to get a DVR from the cable company but "it is not available in my area yet. So my ? is what is the best card for doin this. I have looked on newegg and found several. I am looking at mainly ATI because several of the newegg reviews said they had trouble istalling drivers for the Nvidia. So my choices are
    9800 pro 128ddr $275
    9600xt 128ddr $188
    9600 128ddr $139
    I am leaning towards the 9600 for the simple reason that I don't game and all I want this for is what I said above. any comments would be greatly appreciated. Computer specs are intel 845 board, p4 2.4nothwood, 1gb 2700 ram and win xp sp2 not sure about the power source, I have two dvd burners to make the discs also and a 200 gig hdd.
    Thanks Steve

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

All of the All-In-Wonder cards from the 9600 model and up feature the exact same capture specifications. The only difference is the video performace on the PC side. The 9600 would probably do fine if all you want to do is use your PC as a VCR.