1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI ATI's HDTV Wonder & an All-In-Wonder Card...Compatible?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Networx, May 28, 2005.

1. Networx

Networx Member

I've built a home theatre PC that's uses an ATI 9800 All-In-Wonder Pro card and that feeds the PC signal via component cables to my 32" Sony High Def tv. I'd like to add in an ATI HDTV Wonder card to pull down off-air HDTV signals and I'm wondering if anyone has combined the two cards successfully. Will I end up with a dual tuner rig or will I end up having to swap cables from one to the other depending on what source I want to view?

Finally, I live about 50 kilometres outside Toronto. I'm getting the HDTV card brought in from the States by a friend because ATI won't sell them in Canada yet. They say there aren't enough off-air HDTV signals to support the card in most areas of Canada. Has anyone in the Toronto region tried the HDTV Wonder card and what were your results. I'd hate to have gone to all this trouble (no turning back now, my friend's flight is in the air) to get the card to find that it's useless. Guess that's going to happen one way or the other anyway, eh?!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  2. RRDYG

RRDYG Member

I'm guessing it shoudl work. I use an ATI 9000 Tuner card with a VP1020A Satellite receiver card for HD channels. It's not an off-air receiver though.