1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATi Card HDTV... not quite working

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by alseides, Aug 19, 2005.

1. alseides

alseides Guest

I have an AIW 9600XT videocard and bought a component adapter separately. I hooked the adapter up to the VGA-2 plug and hooked up the component cables from my tv.

My HDTV supports 720p and 1080i. So, it should work by setting my display porperties in Windows XP without any software. Using my CRT in the VGA-1 slot (the primary display) I go to the display properties and select display #2 (the HDTV) and set the resolution to 1280x720, 60hz and check the box to make it my primary display.

I restart the PC and the CRT no longer shows picture since it is not the primary display anymore. The HDTV in VGA-2 via component now shows picture. However it is screwed up. The image is fuzzy and has a really wierd color. That's not the worst of it either. Everytime I open a window (or something bright) the screen gets distorted. I had to change my wallpaper to something black because if it was too bright the image would just shut off completely.

Maybe there is software I am supposed to use, but I don't see why I would need it as long as I set the correct display settings in XP. It shouldn't be the TV's problem either. But then again I could be wrong about everything. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2005
  2. alseides

alseides Guest

I suppose nobody else has this problem, hm?

3. juniorken

juniorken Member

hi, i have this prob too sometimes. Try to manage your displays using the ati-software delivered with your video-adaptor, not the standard windows-settings. For some reason these two are not 100% compatible.