1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI card/Nero

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by usnret, Apr 7, 2005.

1. usnret

usnret Guest

Am new to this stuff so sri if I'm in the wrong place but...
    I have a Radeon 7500 ATI card installed in my computer. I got Nero Ultra 6 installed last week. Things are OK except for when I try to set up Nero to capture from the ATI program. I can't figure out what "country code" to enter. I tried several nr.'s and all that I get in the screen area is a bunch of streaky diff. colored lines. Audio appears to be good, just that I can't get a picture (thus not able to capture/burn the movie that I want). I can see the same channel on just the ATI program, but not the Nero. I ask Nero and not joy from them. Any info would be appreciated.
    Tks

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

What country are you in?

3. usnret

usnret Guest

USA (N. Dakota)

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

For the U.S. the country code is 1.

I've requested that for a future version they include the country's Name along with the country code to avoid just this sort of confusion. Especially since they have more than one entry for the #1 in the selection. :)

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

I always wondered why, in some apps, Canada is country #2, and in others, it's country #1.
    It should make no difference, as we both use exactly the same NTSC specs.

6. usnret

usnret Guest

I have tried the #1 to no avail. Still get the colored streaks instead of a picture.
    Dave

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Does that model ATI Card have a TV tuner capability? Or are you only capturing from Analog devices?

I have just about every other ATI capture card on the market, except for that one, as they are not selling it in any of the U.S Stores around here.

The only ATI 7500 model they do have, is only for Display not for capturing.

I assume you have the latest drivers for the card?

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

8. usnret

usnret Guest

Yep, have the latest drivers for it. I have it hooked to a cable TV outlet. I can record programs on it via the ATI program. Guess that I will have to stick to doing that, then get it to Nero then burn.
    Dave

9. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Where did you purchase that card at? Is there a website where I can obtain the card? Or a store you can direct me too? On ATI's website, the card I see with that model does not have a TV Tuner capability.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

10. usnret

usnret Guest

I bought it several years ago at Circuit City. Think that it was around $90.00 or so. It's not one of the high class one's, just works good enough for my use. Don't know, maybe you could find one on EBay??
    Dave

11. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I'll give it another try. I did make the attempt 9 months ago, but struck out.

Regards,

Craig

12. usnret

usnret Guest

This is the same one that I have ( Item number: 5183117103 ). Just poke that item nr. in the ebay search.
    Dave

13. albertd25

albertd25 Member

Go to Ati's website download the right versions of display drivers,MMC, and control panel for your card.Then use only hardware capture with Ati mmc not software capture like Nero or any other.Use Nero or other software only for editing and authoring.I could also help for the settings if you need.

14. albertd25

albertd25 Member

Asuming that yours is a capture one like Ati all in wonder radeon and has the video in/out cables.