1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ati sapphire x1600 pro 512mb graphics card. help!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pcgeek89, Aug 5, 2007.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

A couple of things, not much though. I've had to stomach a lot of unnecessary purchases in my time...

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

In your time? lol I don't think you're that old yet. Hold on though, life comes at you fast.

Also what happened to the Vista drivers issue? When I couldn't find drivers for my computer it just said "Standard VGA Adapter". is that what it says for you? Try looking in the drivers already on your PC.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Standard VGA adapter is going to mean it knows there's a graphics card there, and can send the video output to it, but the CPU is going to be rendering the detail (i.e. Software mode), that'll be SLOW.

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

You're telling me? lol I've had to go through that. Honestly without Windows Aero I don't really see the many differences between Vista and XP.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Other than the not having drivers bit? There aren't a huge number that the average user notices. If Xp had the quick search from Vista, I wouldn't want to change at all.