1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI TV Wonder Pro

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Jason654, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Jason654

Jason654 Guest

Hello. A few days ago I bought an ATI TV Wonder Pro. I have it installed, and have the cable TV hooked to it, and the video is fine. But I can’t get the audio to work. The audio on my computer works fine for any other application (MP3’s, games, etc.), but I have no audio when I watch TV on my PC.

My PC has USB speakers, and an integrated audio card. I plugged the wire in the audio out on the TV Wonder Pro card, and into the line in on the integrated audio card, as the instructions said, but no sound. So I thought maybe I need speakers hooked to the sound card, and not USB ones, so I took a set of speakers that I know work fine (tried them on my sisters), and hooked them to the sound card. No sound at all. No sound on TV, no sound from MP3’s, no sound on Windows start up. Nothing.

So I am guessing that the integrated audio card is dead. I was told that if you have an integrated audio card, that you can not install a second sound card. Is this true? Because I am thinking that all I need to make it work is a new sound card. But will a PCI sound card work in my system?

And also, it says nothing about in under the system requirements on the box, but I heard that you need a Radon graphic card for it to work also. Is that true?

Thank you for any help you can give.

2. Redtail1

Redtail1 Member

Jason654,

I have one those all in wonder ATI (7500) also, but my is older. I know my video card I have to pump the sound from video to my sound card. Hopefully your card came with some cables that can be plug in to the output of the video card, and plug in to a input on the sound card.

The cable I am referring to has three line out, one being sound. As far as adding second sound card, I know of people doing it in the past. Hopefully someone else add their knowledge to that problem.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Jason, if you have an open PCI slot, you can add a sound card and disable the onboard sound card in your BIOS. It should be no problem at all. The mobo, in my signature, has onboard audio, and I have it disabled.