1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ati tv wonder ve capture error in pinnacle

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dan111, Jan 14, 2004.

1. dan111

dan111 Member

i have this new capture card..when i go to capture in pinnacle studio 8..i get a 'capture error' and cannot go from there..any advice?..i have updated versions and drivers for each

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I used to have one of these, and the Card is Basicly useless when useing the ATI Drivers that come with the Card, The ATI Drivers will only allow you to capture at a Max resolution of 640+272 but if you use Genaric BTWinCap Drivers you can capture at up to 720+576 and the ATI drivers don"t work with many Programs...You should use these Drivers :
    http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/btwincap/btwdmdrvinstaller5.3.6-1.zip

Carefully read all of the Instructions before installing the Driver...I personally think Studio 8 isn"t the Best program for Analogue Video Capture ,It will only let you use a Few Codecs to capture with and they are Crappy Proprietary Codecs that come with Pinnacle which use up a Lot of cpu when captureing so you can drop a Lot of frames...You are Much better off useign a Different program to capture with ,Like Virtual dub works well with the Drivers I suggested and it is a Good capture editing ECT program, you can get it here :
    Virtual-Dub-Mpeg2
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/VirtualDub-MPEG2.zip
    You can then edit your files in studio 8....Cheers
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  3. dan111

dan111 Member

great advice....much appcted..i will certainly give it a try