1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATI vs. NVIDIA

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by s3a, Jul 19, 2006.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Then Bestbuy are ripping people off MERCILESSLY. $180 by exchange rate is like £90. After VAT it's over £100. You can buy an X800GTO for less than that, and one of those will leave the X600 for dead. Almost no Graphics cards are OEM by the way, the vast majority are retail.

<List Updated>

Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  2. s3a

s3a Guest

by OEM I mean not from Bestbuy and other ripoff stores...
    So the card from Bestbuy is a good deal, period? Or is it just a good deal compared to the other cards Bestbuy has to offer (price wise)?

And I don't see that card in your list sammoris, what happened?

P.S.
    Sorry if I offended you sammoris by calling you a fanboy, I didn't intend it that way.

Is the ATI/SAPPHIRE X800GTO PCI-E 256 MB better than the card on Bestbuy's site? I ask because in this OEM store...I found that card for the exact same price as the one from Bestbuy....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2006
  3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

just because they're not from ripoff prices doesn't make them Original Equipment Manufacturer items. The card from Bestbuy isn't great, but it's alright. The newegg deal is 5x better but unfortunately being Canadian you're not allowed a look in. The X800XL? I must have forgotten it! Damn, there are too many! Give me a minute! LOL well fanboy is what you said!

4. s3a

s3a Guest

Is any graphic card here (http://www.oemexpress.com/items.asp?CartId={A0C33043-8E12-4C5A-862C-FF94367D5698}&cc=VIDEOCARD) a better deal than the one from Bestbuy??!! Remember: money is very, very important to me (lol) and I want the the best deal...

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

which one, there are tonnes on that page!

6. s3a

s3a Guest

lol!..well..the ones that are 256 MB and that are PCI Express 16x...and that are better than my X600 PRO

7. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

after scanning thru that page, i would say there arent any good deals. even if they were retail, they are overpriced.

8. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

9. s3a

s3a Guest

sukhvail...those prices are in canadian dollars (be aware of that) and 1$ US is like 1.20$ Canadian (last I checked)...

Now that you know that, get back to the page I showed and also be aware that I am aware that there are better deals online but I cannot get them, unfortunately...thx anyway for trying to help...

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

11. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

the site im linking you to is canadian. compare the prices of some of those cards and you will see the dif. im canadian as well so i know about the price differences

12. s3a

s3a Guest

I will check those links but I cannot buy online...

13. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Oh so is that why you chose best buy? You're pricing yourself out of all the good deals by not buying online. Why not?

14. s3a

s3a Guest

I am 14 (a minor) so I cannot buy online and plus my parents have bad credit so...u no the rest

15. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Then what about just using a bank card??

16. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

17. s3a

s3a Guest

r u talking to me?

P.S.
    Should I get the gfx card from best buy and pay an extra 20$ or get the x700 pro and not pay anything at all? (in fact, I will even make several dollars) (either way, I am leaping higher in terms of performance from my X600 Pro)

Thx, in advance...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2006
  18. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

19. s3a

s3a Guest

gta=grand theft auto?
    _____
    P.S. Which card is better the ATI Saphhire X700Pro 256MB PCI-E TV/DVI, ATI Sapphire X1300Pro 256MB PCI-e, ATI Sapphire X1600Pro 256MB PCI-e, or the ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB PCI-E Graphics Card - Bilingual??

Please answer that because it means alot to me and all those cards are in my price range...also tell me how much better each card is from each other...(slightly better or much better).
    Thanks, in advance!!

20. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

gta=greater toronto area. if your in bc, you can go to cancomputers store in richmond hill