1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATIMMC.exe Error

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Gaghiel, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Gaghiel

Gaghiel Member

I recently installed the newest drivers from ATI, concerning the CATALYST and MultiMedia Center, and have had a problem since the instalation. When I tried to launch my TV application, I get an error message entitled ATIMMC.exe; "ATIMMC.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the incovenience." Other then that, there isn't much clue as to why the problem occured or what could be done to fix it. If anyone has experienced similar problems, knows what's going on, or would just like to chime in, I'm more then willing to entertain it all. Thanks for the help. By the way, it's ATI MultiMedia Center 9.06 and CATALYST 5.3 if that also helps.

2. G.Gilles

G.Gilles Member

I have the same problem with my ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 9000 Pro. The problem disappears if I uninstall my Pinnacle Studio 9 software but I don't know what's going on. I also have capture problems in that Studio 9.

Gilles

3. Gaghiel

Gaghiel Member

I'm assuming then you didn't have these problems while Pinnacle was installed. Did you try reinstalling it and seeing if it worked then? I don't have Pinnacle Studio installed currently, going off the assumption that Multimedia Center doesn't need it to run.

4. G.Gilles

G.Gilles Member

Pinacle Studio 9 is a software for video editing.

I had no ATICCM.exe error before installing it. After installing it I had the problem. I uninstalled it and the problem disappeared. I reinstalled it and the problem came back.

5. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Here is your answer direct from ATI: https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894 .

-Del

Ok seeing you have ver 9.06. I researched this and found that release was poorly made. The solutions Ive been finding say to completely remove all ATI software and drivers using the ATI uninstaller not the windows one. Here is information on how to do that: https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894 . Don't mind the error messages at the top of the page since they do not apply to you. Good luck

Last edited: Mar 20, 2005
  6. G.Gilles

G.Gilles Member

I allreay installed the last update from ATI and 2 hot patches.

7. Gaghiel

Gaghiel Member

Del, thanks for the advise, I'll be trying that a little later tonight to see if that'll help out. I'm still mystified as to how updating my software would cause these problems.

8. G.Gilles

G.Gilles Member

Thanks, Del. I'll try that.

9. EYEShurt

EYEShurt Regular member

stupid file because of it now i have to reinstall windows and i have like 200gb of stuff i wana keep and nowhere to put it

10. G.Gilles

G.Gilles Member

Before trying to remove all ATI software and drivers, as suggested by Del, I realized that I had 4 copies of GdiPlus.dll, 3 in Windows folders and one with my data on my 2nd hard disk. The one with my data was dated in 2001. I renamed it to cancel it. This fixed my problems partially. I still have the ATIMMC.exe error window when I start my TV but my Pinnacle Studio 9 is working well. ????

11. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Dont reinstall windows over this file. Your dealing with a known Pinnacle/ATI media center compatability problem. If what I suggested does not work or you don't want to try it Then E-mail ATI. I have had good luck asking them directly.

-Del