1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

atmosphere in aD

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by theoipod, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theoipod

theoipod Guest

I joined [bold]afterdawn[/bold] about a month ago and here is my opinion:

[bold]Before[/bold] I start I'd like people to know that this is to help and not to just be negative like certain similar threads.

I saw somewhere in the AFTERDAWN website A statistic that had been made that said that the majority of the afterdawn members where in there late teens or early twenties.

We’ll I think that after the age of 17 you shouldn't be childish enough to care about ranking!!!

The people that decided to put rankings in thought it would make the site fun and not to make certain people "show off" or say you're nothing you're a newbie.... like 5 year old's

No offence to old people but I’m going to use you as an example:
    Often when you're in you're late teens or just generally when you're young there's is this kind of thing were older people after the age of 70 sometimes moan a lot about younger people,

we’ll when you're young if you've got a bit of sense you just ignore the stupidity after a while that should be the same in afterdawn.
    So come on people cheer up and don't be so grumpy in afterdawn I’m sure it would make it more fun don’t you?

Let's cut out the police type of attitude in afterdawn please!!!

I do not intend to be disrespectful towards anybody.

ps:sorry about typing mistakes i was going fast cause i'm in a rush

Thank you for reading

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2006
  2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

As an old fart, there is no offense taken. Some people do take things too seriously but policing the site for spam and obscene things is necessary as there are a lot of kiddies here...there are certain laws in that regard.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

my last kiss,ye youngsters can now take over with the sheep here at afterdawn..,
    [​IMG]

4. theoipod

theoipod Guest

No but i'm talking about people who just loan and groan cause they feel like it!

5. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Well I don't bully anyone.. do I? :)

If you think you are being picked on.. you are best off PM'ing a moderator ;-)

6. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

I've only been a member here at AD for a short time and the mods keep this a good informative sight.Some of the people that were banned suspended or whatever both young and old lack that one special thing called respect. I have yet to see any instance of mods bullying or picking on any one.For their dutys I think they keep everything going in a positive direction and some how keep a sense of humor that sometimes gets misinterpted.If I or anybody else breaks a forum rule I expect it to be called to my attention. Thats how this is kept a great sight. My 2 Cents Chris

7. UK_Gamer

UK_Gamer Guest

I got suspendid for standing up for what I believe in and in doing so being suspendid has robbed me off my freedom of speech!

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Last time I checked the forum rules didn't include a Bill of Rights guaranteeing the right to say anything you want. Give me a link to the thread where you were wronged and I'll tell you what I think.

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  9. peanuts2

peanuts2 Regular member

I hear what your saying about being a noob.I remember when I was a noob on here and some of the other members treated me like a dumb dumb sometimes, or write the same thing I did to take credit for my knowledge.But sooner or later you won't be a noob.So you need to keep your head up.Soon you will be newbie no more.You can talk about anything you want.Just don't ask questions that you should know the answer to like "how do I get a windows key" or other lame questions that nobody is going to answer like "How can I get a crack for my software." you get the point.Ranking doesn't really matter there is a few noobs that are alot more knowledgable than members.So be proud to be a noob!

10. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

UK_Gamer, i warned you in that thread & you didn't listen so neph gave you a 2 week ban to hopefully learn from obvious you haven't learn. read the forum rules #8. Don't reply with an off-topic comment/question -- instead start a new thread.

12. theoipod

theoipod Guest

PEANUTS2 thank you for noticing what it's like cause it really is ridiculous to read what somebody like the_fiend writes in his blog,not about asking the same question but where he says thing's like the newbie’s are getting dumber every day just plain ridiculous.

13. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Oh really?

[​IMG]
    On one hand here, i'm tempted to go into a very long and disturbing rant about why i think the i.q. amongst a lot of the new members has dropped to an alarming level, but rather than do that and get myself in trouble, i'll just smilingly direct you to the PS2 forums, the Xbox forums, and the P2P forum.

Try reading the enormous amount of moronic questions, the even bigger amount of questions that where already answered a million times, or are answered in the stickies, and then try dealing with some of the kidddies that just need to be spoonfed.
    If after all that, you can come back to this thread and tell me i'm wrong with a straight face, i'll shake yer hand, tell you you're right, and make a post in my blog about how wrong i was.

[bold]but i'm still saying it'll be a COLD DAY IN HELL before that happens[/bold]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2006
  14. theoipod

theoipod Guest

[bold]The_fiend[/bold]
    , I am totally on you're side about people that ask the same questions again and again...But I think that when you say things like” Why should I *and other, more respected members, seniors, addicts and mods* suffer because of these retards” and then you go on with a list of things.

That kind of thing really puts a bad ATMOSPHERE in the site.

Maybe instead of saying newbie’s in general you should give names so that people who haven't done anything wrong don't feel like there rejected or whatever you want to call it.

You know I bet that when you were newbie you already made two threads for the same thing at least once. AND wouldn't you find it really unpleasant to have people moan about it all the time

This site is great but it's got that one problem which is that bad feeling when you're a lower ranking because the higher rankings put down the lower rankings!!

The fiend I really am not trying to argue with you I have nothing against you I was just giving an example.

15. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Great Rant The Fiend..!!!! I totally agree

Also those rant signs ....You should have 2 seperate signs
    1. Rant ON
    2. Rant OFF
    Just a sugestion..lOL

16. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

@ theoipod : no offence taken.

However, i do feel the need to comment on a few things you said in that last post

First off, i tried naming specific people in my Blog, however, the webmaster wasn't amused, and told me not to do it again, so i stuck with the generalised rant. My feelings are that if whoever reads it has done nothing wrong, then he/she should have no need to feel it was aimed at them specifically.
    Most of the people that took offence to what i said where the people that it was aimed at, so my goal was achieved anyway.

Second, you said, and i quote
    I dare to say that i never made double posts, or asked something without thoroughly searching first *yes, i almost have a little halo above me head, honest ;) *

As for the lower ranks being put down by higher ranks, i'd dare to argue that there are a good deal of newbies who never once got sh*t from anyone with a higher (or lower) rank.

@ Tocool4u : take a good look buddy, they are on and off :)

17. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Wow time for a little reality and up bring in. The freedom of speech is a right fought and died for to this day.But there is a time and place. THAT forum was not it. A tour of duty will change any ones mind about hatred and war and to realize just how great the freedom of speech is. The forums in my opinion is to enjoy what we do and help each other, not bash or give personal values.Ranking can come and go but friendships last forever.This forum has people from all over and To name one I love how Ireland describes that first cup of coffee in the morning.Sorry but I couln't sit back and say anything. To the mods keep up the great work.Chris

18. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Damn i am stupid i didn't pay attention to the color i just saw On Off........... Now i see the RED and WHite..

Uhhh.....Better get my eyes checked :)

19. ireland

ireland Active member

there is no BAD ATMOSPHERE IN AFTERDAWN its those that disobeys the rules,or who do not read the rules thats causing all the problems..
    then when a mod gives a warning the said person,keeps on doing the same thing over and over again,until he or she gets banned..
    then a hour or two later thay come back with a diff.screen name and ask why was i banned...

do not be surprised on how meny members that been here for a long time that do not know that the rules even exist....

as for the BAD ATMOSPHERE HERE AT AFTERDAWN thats bulls@it...

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  20. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Qithout further commenting the topic, I want to correct one thing:

Our English forum's average user is 30-35 years old, male, average age being 33.5 years now for active members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.