1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATPI check for securom(or how to bypass)??

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by houselove, Sep 15, 2003.

1. houselove

houselove Member

First, I'd like to thank shoey and aldaco12 and praetor because i posted a message on having trouble burning war3 iso, so far I feel I am close, and because my knowledge and program repertoire have increased tenfold. I now have blindwrite 4.5.7 or somthin' like that. However, I don't know if i should say, but I still get an insert disc message after install, so my question is:if ATPI check can only be bypassed with Clonecd's hide cd-r or alcohols ignore media emulation, do i need to use these programs to run the game,(i have a regular dvd/cd rom and a cd/r writer,naturally) or do i need to run the [bold]play disc [bold]in my regular cd rom and the install in my writer or neither or both.. any suggestions would be much appreciated....not quite clear on the final steps of this long,long process.

ps. you guys rock

2. houselove

houselove Member

err..I meant ATIP hehehe sorry\
    newbie says it all eh..

3. Applecorp

Applecorp Member

Try launching the disc in your CD writer with alcohol running in the background (in startup)

Shoey and Praetor know a heck lot more about this.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2003
  4. houselove

houselove Member

well, i made a cd with the bwa file and one without, when i go to install, it stops a quarter way thru and says cannot read or locate .mpq file...i explored the disc and it had the .mpq file(s) so installation is aborted. However, i popped in my first cd i made (in nero, with absolutely none of the correct procedures), and it installs fine, at least up until i try to play it. I wonder if renaming my iso to warcraft III.iso and changed the contents for the mpq files. any ideas??

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Best route is to first download or create a bwa file m8. Make a backup of Warcraft III reading sub-q channel data\audio using Alcohol 120%, CloneCD (my preferance) and save image file format as .ccd Burn the backup at 8x and enable "Don't repair sub-q channel or rectify sub-q channel" and label "install disc". Now after you've created a bwa file tuck that inside the folder where you saved the image of Warcraft III and either use BlindWrite Suite or CloneCD\TwinPeak Tool m8. Use the "install disc" to install the game and the "play disc" to play (hehe).

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/43802
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/26771

Portmacs bwa file downloads: http://www.portmac.com/

Shoey :)