1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATTACH EVERYTHING ?!?

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by dominator, Nov 30, 2004.

1. dominator

dominator Regular member

Hello, this is a tricky one, it seems hard but probably it’s simple.
    I have a Sony tv 32' (KV-28LS35) and a Sony DVD home theatre system (DAV-SB200). They r attached to each other through scart. Everything works fine, my amplifier is set on "TV" function so then it gives sound coming from tv, BUT when I change the tv channel to AV2 (my PlayStation2 is attached there) then the sound doesn’t come from the home theatre system speakers, it only comes from the tv speakers. OK, well then i attach my PlayStation2 Left and Right audio wires to the amplifier (R & L Audio in) and it works fine when i set then my amplifier to "VIDEO" function. Again BUT when i change the channel to AV3 (where my PC is attached through S-video cable and L & R audio wires) then again the sound does not come out from the home theatre system speakers, it only comes out from the tv speakers. And there is no more audio in place on the amplifier. So every time i want to watch a movie from my PC on the TV i need to change the audio L & R wires plugged in to the amplifier from PS2, which is not super fun. Is there any way to change this? Maybe to set up the the dvd home theatre system to play ANY sound that comes form tv, including the AV channels. Or maybe to plug everything some other ways. Or maybe to buy some adapter for the amplifier. It would be extremely nice if anybody could help me out with this!!!!!

Maybe in simple words how do i attach play station 2, video player and my pc with the tv and dvd home theatre system so all the sound would come out from the dvd home theatre system speakers?

Thank You in advance!

2. BigJun

BigJun Member

Do you have a receiver? If you do the receiver will have different modes. Switch it to where it will say tv/sat. This will allow your tv or what ever you have connected to your tv to use the speakers that are connected to your receiver. The way I have mine is. My ps2 is connected to my tv. My tv is connected to the receiver. If I wanted to use the receiver and the speakers connected to it all I have to do is turn the knob on the receiver to where it says tv/sat.