1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

attachments wont open

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by ashtonjay, Mar 6, 2005.

1. ashtonjay

ashtonjay Guest

when i get an e-mail with an attachment (word,excel,winrar)
    it wont open i get an error
    i have recently changed my main drive to ntfs, to ba able to open files(games n things) bigger than 4gb.
    could this be the problem
    & also is it ok to have an ntfs drive on windows xp(i havnt seen any performance issues as such)) it is 60gb & my other partition is fat 32, 60 gb

2. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

i am running ntfs drive on mine and i have no problems, so thats not the problem

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I am guessing on of two things. 1)you are using Outlook express or 2) you are using Web mail.

Outlook express--> This program installs by default to not attachments to be opened. Solution: Click on Tools the Options. Go to the Security Tab. Look for the option that says "Do not allow attachments ... blah blah blah" and remove the check mark. Click OK to save and now you can open all your attachments.

Webmail--> For some reason on some wemail services you can not open attachments directly from your mail. You will get an error that says the file could not be found. Solution: Save the attachments to your hard drive then open them.

-Del