1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attack of the bots!!!

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by DXR88, Sep 21, 2011.

1. DXR88

DXR88 Regular member

i've notice a mass increase of bot activity from everything from forum posts, to threads. now there even getting into the review rate system that's not good, for anyone.

Just curious if the AfterDawn Mods have a solution, or are planing to just let the bots do as they please.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i try to keep on top of them but if people don't do offensive reports then i can't get them all.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

the limitation on posting links has had some success.. none of these are mine I might add.. funny to see somebody is still running one of my 3 year old scripts (there is a typo.. deliberate) and it's still getting past the sign up. How about sticking a proper verification on the return email.. instead of just a "click to confirm" thing.. that won't get the determined spammers.. but it will seriously piss off the botfarmers. .. I'm seeing "keywords" added into posts like a sig.. triggers for spiders which are now being used by the larger botnets. They are generated by the bot from the signup email verification email hash.. not going into detail but thats how they are calling more to themselves and finding the threads they are starting.