1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATTENTION - DON NOT use DVD2ONE if.......

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Neromania, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Overburning is not yet possible with DVD burners. The best thing to do if your file is too big is to go to the original folder where your ripped movie is, reset the values on DV2one to 4360 and recompress the movie a second time. That is if you've not already deleted the folder. It is always wise to check your copy before deleting the ripped movie.

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Surely you mean Dixie Chicks

;-)

Paul.

3. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

Thanks for the info but i may have just beaten you to it - hadn't noticed that i could change the size of the ouput files - so i made it smaller by 2 meg - sorted it out perfectly, thanks again for all your help

4. mobboss01

mobboss01 Guest

I just want to say that all the movies I compressed and multiplexed with dvd2one have come out perfect to its original.

For example, I did The Godfather, and as you know, it is 175 give or take minutes. I could not tell the difference when I compared.

On the other hand, I will have to take a bit off the quality criticism when it comes down to episode DVD's like The Osbournes. As some know, the new dvd2one v1.1.1 will do full discs. I am so happy to get the episode ones done with easy, I dont care about the loss of resolution. It is a bit blocky, but all in all, a wonderful end result came about.

5. Axmiller

Axmiller Member

Any loss of picture Is bad to me Thats what DVDs are all about

6. mobboss01

mobboss01 Guest

Axmiller, I agree with you...but in this case, to get box sets copied, you gotta sacrifice something. In general, all regular movies will be fine using dvd2one. To tell you the truth, even the box sets come out great.

7. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Axmiller:
    If you are that picky you will have to use DVDxCopy to get the exact quality as the original DVD. Instead of 1 DVD you will get 2 DVD's.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I agree, with WizKid DVD2one is the best choice in most situations. Where DVDxcopy is good is where the original is 4.37 gigs or less, because it will make an exact one to one copy without going through ripping, compressing, and then burning using different applications. Where it sucks is that it includes the warning splash screens and all the other stupid hurdles faced by the viewer just to get to the movie proper. If one should want all that for whatever reason then use DVDxcopy.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2003
  9. slave

slave Member

I used dvdcopy to do iceage on one disc excluding features and 3 coasters later still no wiser.Only plays on pc and it is a mess of features and scraps of chapters.All other backups fine is this the sign of things to come or am i thick?I need help
    Why do you use 4.36 when I do 4.7 bulkpac at 60pence a disc?Surely these would improve slight imperfections

I know what I like and I lke what I know

10. Javakiko

Javakiko Member

ive used bulkpac and the only thing they r good for is x-box games. In my opinion the only dvd-r's worth using are Ritek or re-branded Ritek such as Traxdata

11. loaded

4.36 GB IS 4.7 GB

Let me explain

1KB is 1024 bytes

1MB is 1024 KB

1GB is 1024 MB

Therefore 4.36GB=4,700,000 (approximately)

Confused?

You haven't even started yet ;-)

Paul.

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I said DVDXCopy not DVDcopy (believe me there is enough similarly labeled apps that have similar purposes) and I wasn't promoting it, I simply stated that it makes good one to one copies of the original on a single disc if it is under 4.37, and it does. I have never burned a coaster (some will with low power systems) with it and my wife likes the extras. DVDXCopy works as reliably as any DVD copy app available if your system is up to it. The compatibility of copies made by DVDXCopy actually exceeds those made by DVD2on when used in older players. Some older DVD players won't work with compressed DVD data but they will work with the uncompressed copies made by DVDXCopy. It's the usual 2 disc copies and the added splash screens that make it a bother but its copies if done right, are uncompressed, and Identical in detail and function. In my previous statement I recommended 4.37 as the primary setting, but I did suggest that 4.36 is a good confortable level for the nervous, and by the way I've tried both and there is never a significant difference between them. In the end DVD2one decides the final size loosely based on your chosen setting of 4.37. I prefer DVD2one because it's results are almsot perfect, edits out the crap, and requires a single disc. By the way I pay only $1.38 per disc and no coasters.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2003
  13. slave

slave Member

So shoot me I missed a X {well i am british}[bad taste sorry yank]
    and as far as 4.36 and 4.7 I am not called a newbe for nothing.My pc is sony vaio rx407 p4 2.53 so it carnt be the power of it.I'll just come to terms I carnt do ICE AGE.I'll be on the look out for dvd2one on the net.

Name John Lennons last three hits

oww! arhgg! urg!

14. loaded

Slave : Your sig is a little tasteless, as John Lennon made it into the top 10 Britons in a recent event you might have seen and war referenced are not taken particularly well in an International site like this.

btw I am a Brit too and am not going to get at you for that ;-)

Also, you will not find DVD2ONE on the Net somewhere, but purchase it from the correct source, which is dvd2one.com

Paul.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I will refrain from shooting you for now especially since this is not a forum for ugly and pointless debates, we are all here to help and learn. I also think that the Lennon joke is a bit tastless. I have Brittish friends so I'm not going to get down on you for that either. Your system seems capable of doing the job, but it stands to reason that if it works on one reasonably powered system that it should work on another. DVD2one is easy to find, just go to www.dvd2one.com and lay down about 39.99 Euros for it, it's worth it.

16. slave

slave Member

I am a slave to the system
    The system will not slave for me
    As for iraq,a pointless bloody mess where lives on both sides lose precious life.

Anyway been looking everywhere for best dvd for 104 came up with ritek as best been using bulkpac gen3 r2 most have tiny scratches on the ends but still work but some mess up while playing so I turn dvd off then back on to last scene,then its okay.
    Got some datasafe media £1 I did lilo@stitch wont play on my sony dvd but will on my pc.
    Is it the disc or my dvdXcopy that carnt do these discs.It loads dvd backup copy screen on the dvd then goes blank ?

meaning of life-
    knowledge and experience

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I too have no taste for war and was among those Yanks who didn't want this one to happen. We are all slaves of and to the system willing or not. I too use Ritek medium and I buy it in quantity ($1.38 EACH), it seems to love my Sony DRU500AX. It works great with DVDXcopy and DVD2one alike. I know this is out there but I have a 400 watt power supply and there is evidence that less could have problems with DVD burning, especially with my specific DVD burner. I've built every PC I've used since 1996 and like it or not, home builds are usually better than commerical units. Commercial buiders always cut a corner somwhere, usaually with video and audio. Try closing all running apps and not touching your PC until the copy is completed.

18. slave

slave Member

I do have all apps closed,it must be my discs,thanks anyway guys

19. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

slave:

I did Lilo & Stitch using;

Smartripper 2.41
    DVD2One v.1.11
    Nero 5.5.9.9. [UDF/IFO]

It plays without fault on my Sony DVP-NS 305, even on the Bulkpaq General Use X1 [Purple] priced @ £0:59 or so http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk

AMD 900
    256 SD Ram
    Lite-On DVD-Rom
    Pioneer 104 DVD-RW
    40Gb @ 7,200
    80Gb @ 7,200

''I give you all these seed bearing plants & herbs to use...''

Last edited: Apr 7, 2003
  20. coreydj

coreydj Member

do you have to download a specific plugin (nero) to use DVD2ONE?