1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATTENTION - DON NOT use DVD2ONE if.......

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by Neromania, Feb 12, 2003.

1. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

No

If you want to put MPEG onto a DVD-R you might want to get the SVCD plug-in for Nero.

Ciao

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The quality of SVCDs are much lower than the results provided by DVD2one, and they usually span several discs. If you don't have a DVD burner and you absolutely have to play it on your home system then burn to SVCD, but if you have a PC DVD player (home made) that can be used in place of a home DVD player then I would recommend DiVx. The best results can be overburned to a single disc and its quality is better than SVCD.

3. lpincinti

lpincinti Member

gotta use component cables to connect if u want progressive scan otherwise it would b senseless for u to buy that player and use an s video cable or standard rca. also i have backed up dozens of my movies w/ dvd2one and have only been able to tell the diff with one which was gladiator and its a huge movie 2.5hrs, the others sounded perfect and looked identical to the orig

4. alphacen

alphacen Guest

I used DVD2ONE to copy a 9 GB movie into 1 and played this movie im my SVA D1000.
    The crazy thing is that the related movie couldn't play in another similar SVA D1000.

Both players play uncompressed movie as well.

Any guess?
    Tks in advance,

5. herbsman

You'll probably find the SVA D1000 that wouldn't play it is an older model.
    It might be possible to sort it by a firmware fix...

Have a look here http://forum.firmware-flash.com/

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

When all else is the same then the results should be the same. Try your copies with a variety of other players. Check the firmware on both to insure that they are the same.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2003
  7. sellout

sellout Guest

Someone had mentioned something about unlimited rentals at blockbuster for $25/month. does anyone else know anything about this? what area/state is this in? any info would be great.

8. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Stay on topic guys, this is a thread to attach your experiences of compressing large movies and whether there was a noticeable degradation in quality.

Paul.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The forum is not about how to rent as many films as possible so that one can cheaply copy them. The forum is about quality of backing up films that one already owns.

10. sellout

sellout Guest

This forum is apparently about fusking nerds that do't understand how to save money by exchanging ideas with one another. fusk you, and don't tell me what to do.

11. herbsman

Your obviously a DVD Pi-RATE so wind your neck in [bold]sellout[/bold] before your given your coat and asked to leave.

P.S. I suggest you seek advise from a manners consultant in the meantime.

: )

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If you had read exactly what I had said without reading something into it that wasn’t there, you would’ve noticed that there was no attempt to tell anyone what to do, especially someone who can only hear themselves. I know this might be hard for you to understand but it is possible that some of us are here to actually share information for its own sake. I have 157 DVD’s in my collection and yes I paid for every one of them and yes I saved on every one of them too by buying them on sale. Sure I could quickly pirate my way into a much larger collection, all I would have to do is [bold]sellout[/bold] my honesty and integrity in favor of becoming a common thief, but that is one [bold]sellout[/bold] I’m not prepared to take.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2003
  13. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations Sellout, you are now all sold out. You are now banned.

Jesus, some people are dumb.

Paul.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2003