1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ATTN Owners of 60" Sony SXRD XBR...Curved lines?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gwhzz35, Sep 26, 2006.

1. gwhzz35

gwhzz35 Member

I purchased the 60" Sony SXRD XBR a few months ago and noticed on this model that the letter box lines are not completely straight. They curve up a bit on the edges. It's very slight, but still, shouldn't they be straight as an arrow?? especially for this price?
    Anybody else have this problem also? Checked the same exact models at other stores and they all have this problem. Even had a Sony tech come out to check and he says b/c of the LCOS technology, this can't be straightened. Let me know if you have this problem and if you were able to fix this. Thanks!

2. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

I have the 60" XBR1 series SXRD and I don't have this problem with HD-DVD, upconverted DVD or HD cable thru component or HDMI. What's your signal source and what output do you use? DVD player or cable box? Component or HDMI?

3. gwhzz35

gwhzz35 Member

Doesn't matter if it's cable box/dvd player. I have all HDMI connections. But that shouldn't affect the curvature of the letter box right?

4. dblbogey7

dblbogey7 Guest

I've been trying to research your problem in a few internet sites and forums but I can't find any info. I've read of the "green blob" problem in the XBR1's that has been fixed in later builds but nothing on that curved line. Sorry.