1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio books to ipod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by lwalker, May 1, 2010.

1. lwalker

lwalker Member

New to ipod and looking for some help with audio books on discs.
    When I try to load a audio book disc from pc to ipod it mixes up the discs-- how can I have it recognize disc#1 ,disc#2 etc.
    thanks
    lwalker

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  2. Mez

Mez Active member

Make a play list an sync that if you can. You may want to ditch itunes and use something that will let you take tunes off the ipod. I am out of date with itunes, maybe it will let you remove tunes now. I use Media Monkey which might be a bit confusing or icopyexpert.

I am a big fan of the Sansa View for playing music but for audio books the ipod is the only player to use.

If you listen to a good deal of audio books you are going to love your ipod. They start where you left off. You can book mark 'your page' that is pretty universal. The ipod is the easiest to fast forward and rewind.

3. lwalker

lwalker Member

thanks I will try this and let you know

4. Mez

Mez Active member

You can feel free to PM me whenever. I do not mind spending what ever amount of time to get you comfortable and proficient with this jig. Are you downloading them from the library?

Playlists allow you to select and play audio in a specific order. The ipod will allow you to randomize them so if they are not playing in order, check that setting. To quickly create a play list in Media Monkey I highlight the book set of audios in file explorer, right click and play them in MM. You do the same thing in MM. The now playing on the right but pick send when you right click, then pick playlist (new). Then you go to the bottom of the left window and expand play lists. Double click on the one you just made. The list is usually about in order. You drag and drop the ones that are in the wrong place. Then add the play list to your ipods auto sync list under options. This sounds pretty involved but I can knock one out and get it synced in less than 5 minutes. To remover it from your ipod take it off your auto sync list and connect your ipod. I suggest removing itunes from your computer before you start playing around with other third party apps. itunes sometimes will shut down your ipod if it detects you have been playing with other software. When you uninstall keep the data. That way if you change your mind, install and it will be like you never left. You will not be happy using itunes to sync audio books since it wants you to only continue to put music on never off your player. They want you to buy a bigger ipod to keep every thing on your ipod.

You also might want to invest in a DRM remover. That will remove the expiration time on the audio. Tunebyte is a good one.