1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio but no Video or Video but no Audio? - Windows Media Audio v2

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by TheOddOne, Sep 29, 2002.

1. TheOddOne

TheOddOne Member

Hi there

I've recently downloaded lots of movies (mostly those containing a yellow family) and while I was doing this I encountered a couple of problems. During the search for answers for this problems I stumbled into this forum, noticed that lots of people had the same problems I had. So I'm just gonna say how I solved these problems and hopefully help someone else.

Audio but no Video
    ==================
    Try download and run following file:
    http://www.divxity.com/download/smrpatchsetup.zip
    What it does, I dont know, what it is I dont know either. But I could care less ;p

Video but no Audio
    ==================
    My player connected to microsoft for download of a codec but it failed, over and over. I found a very nice tool at http://p.duby.free.fr/ftp/avicodec 0.8.zip wich i could use to see wich codec the files where using, very easy. I then saw that all the files that used "Windows Media Audio v2" where the ones playing without sound. Well, I thought "lets just download that codec", anyone encountered this problem know that isnt possible. Anyhow to skip all the sad parts in this story I found that Tsunami Pack contained WMAv2 so I just downloaded it at http://www.michael-moenning.de/pub/Tsunami Filter Pack 3.9.3.exe took custom install, made sure "Windows Media Audio" was included in the install (wich it isnt by default) and I was ready to enjoy my favourite yellow family again :)

Note: I also tried with Nimo Pack but that didnt work for me.

Note 2: I'm not a expert in this area, so if anyone feel to critizise, explain better or correct me, just go ahead :)

Take Care

2. sharedie

sharedie Guest

Thank you.

I can't believe how easy it was. I downloaded so many video files where there was no audio. I spent months trying to find a way to understand why files with the audio format "windows media audio v2" would not produce audio. Spent days toying with Virtual Dub and no luck.

"Tsunami Filter Pack 3.9.3.exe" worked.

Thanks again for the link.

3. spikep90

spikep90 Guest

JESUS CHRIST! Thank you so much! That was such a help and all the audio files with no sound that wouldn't work before now do. Can't tell you how grateful I am, your a genious. The only small problem is that there is some wierd echo like sound that accompanies all the sounds. But thats ok, atleast it works.

Tsunami Filter Pack 3.9.3.exe" worked very well

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2002
  4. gnome9er

gnome9er Guest

glad to see somebody finally found the solution to my problem! i wanted to enjoy some married with children episodes but they were encoded with Windows Media Audio V2. i did not find a codec, and would like to download Tsunami Filter Pack 3.9.3, but i cannot find a link that WORKS!

somebody please email me a current link.

5. RoBrett

RoBrett Member

6. RoBrett

RoBrett Member

It didnt work for me, because I need the AC3 DVM codec for the audio. And that codec is available in the Nimo 50 build 8 Codec Pack