1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio capture with streambox is not working as expected

Discussion in 'Audio' started by gielet, Sep 3, 2004.

1. gielet

gielet Member

Hi -
    I'm trying to capture the audio stream at:
    mms://ttvv.tv/users/uFinman/parnas/radio/GalazParnas3-07-04.wma
    It is a recorded radio program (not a real-time stream).
    I use StreamBox VCR 1 Beta 31 SMFfix+, RTSM/PNM edition.
    The capture starts well, and the file is created (during initial asttempt, the capture would time out a few times and then hang up - so I removed the limit on the number of attempts). I also forced the MMS(HTTP) protocol.
    Now thew capture does not end (the file builds to hundreds of MB, where by my calculation it should only be about 12MB (31KB/s, for about an hour).
    When stopping the capture and playing the file, it starts, plays for a while (first run I got 2 minutes, second try I got almosr 33), then fails.
    Ideas?

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I didn't have any trouble downloading this. StreamBox VCR did not seem to get the end of file signal at the end, but I just stopped the download when it stopped sending at 12.6MB. If you allow it to keep connecting at that point it would probably continue to download more and damage the downloaded file.

There are newer and better recorders for Windows Media Streams. GetASFstream, Net Transport and SDP Multimedia are a few of those and are recommended.
    Streaming media recording software list.
    http://p084.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxvcrfrm7.showMessage?topicID=1.topic

3. gielet

gielet Member

Thanks - GetASFStream did the trick. Not in the first pass every timr, and sometimes it took the real-time, rather than the 30X speed - but eventually I got all the files i WANTED.