1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio cd burn speed

Discussion in 'Audio' started by p5yco, Feb 11, 2005.

1. p5yco

p5yco Guest

hi, i have a sony cd burner which is capable of burning at 52x, and i use verbatim datalife cd-r discs capable of 48x. what i would like to know is does the read/write speed actually have an impact on the final result, or does burning at a faster speed just mean that you are likely to an error? basically if i burn at 48x with no errors will it sound the same as 8x with no errors? hope you understand what i am asking.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

slower the speed the better the burn

3. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes of course. No errors is no errors. But, the image may be alittle different. The burn will be better at slower speeds because the lazer will not vary on angles as much. This is manly a problem with older CD players. With a good CD-Rom or CD drive and up to date drivers you shouldn't have any problems.

Some things, like sensitive data, should be burned at a lower speed to insure that there are no errors. The main issue is that there is no way for the CD burnin app to know that there is an error on a disc untill the disc is finalized. Even then it must have something to compare the image too.

Ced

4. p5yco

p5yco Guest

yes, thanks