1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio CDR.......any difference?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by WelshBoa, Jan 14, 2006.

1. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Havent bought cd's for a while due to buying a huge amount two or three years ago in a bulk deal.

On Bigpockets website they are now selling 80min CD-r's etc but also have a seperate section for "Audio CD-R" which are for use in Digital Audio Recorders.

Would the sound quality be that much better burnt onto this type of disc does anyone know??

And a more stupid question but I presume these could still be used for data, movies etc??

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Audio only cd-r's can't be used with PC based cd-rewriters. I don't know if the quality is better than standards cd-r's but I would imagine you can only make an exact copy of an audio cd and not other types of cd's like MP3 cd's, data cd's and VCD's.

3. j0j081

j0j081 Member

that's not true i just used an audo cd-r to burn an image file and it worked great.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

5. Johnytuon

Johnytuon Member

I heard a royalty is paid out on the audio cdrs and quality is no different at all
    John

6. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Audio CD-Rs have a code in the ATIP that allows them to be recorded in stand-alone recorders. Data CD-Rs cannot be recorded in these devices. PC drives can record both audio CD-Rs and data CD-Rs. Except for the additional ATIP code, there is no difference between audio and data CD-Rs. Suppliers are supposed to pay royalties for each audio CD-R sold, and the money is supposed to go to the artists who may be hurt by copying of their music. (DAT tape carries the same royalty burden.)