1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio CD's and Data CD's

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by xDarKeLFx, Jul 22, 2004.

1. xDarKeLFx

xDarKeLFx Member

I have this CD player in the car that doesn't play the music I burn on Data CDs. If I burned with the spindles of CD-Rs that say Audio CD, will the CD work with the CD player in the car.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Would help if you were to say what burning software you are using !

But, generally speaking you should burn your music on an Audio Cd in WAV format.

Some of the latest Cd Players in cars also have the ability to accept Data Cd with the MP3 format. -- Check your car User's Manual.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2004
  3. xDarKeLFx

xDarKeLFx Member

Sorry I'm really new to this. Well, I use Windows Media Player to burn or sometimes Easy CD Creator 6. All my music files are MP3. How do you burn an Audio/Data CD in WAV Format? I've never tried burning in WAV Format.

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

I do not use either of those two burning programs ~~ perhaps someone that does could walk you thru the ordeal !

Nero Ultra6 is what i use to burn , It's considered the best by many in here -- Easy Cd Creator is known to have some conflicts of its own.

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2004
  5. xDarKeLFx

xDarKeLFx Member

So... First, I convert all my MP3 files to WAV format then burn with Nero 6 and the CD will be in WAV format. Right?

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Yes
    That's what an Audio CD for playing in a Car needs !

But you dont have to do the conversion yourself -- When you select AUDIO CD in Nero --- and you load your MP3 songs in it -- Nero will convert each MP3 to the wav format before burning ! As soon as you hit the BURN button.

I see that you also have EasyCd Creator. -- You are better off to UNINSTALL EesyCd Creator before you install Nero -- those two programs often clash if you have them both installed at the same time.

Honestly -- i believe after you've used Nero for a few times -- you will never want to see EasyCd Creator again ~~ Smiles.

Good Luck !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2004
  7. buxton

buxton Regular member

You don't need to convert the MP3 to .WAV

Open NERO and choose Audio CD. Drag and drop the MP3 files you want on the CD till the bar at the bottom is full.

Nero will auto convert the MP3 to .WAV and Burn them.

Also when burning Audio CD's the slower the better will yield a better copy, I usually do them at 8 speed.

Also if the CD in the car is old it may just not like blank CD's. If it is new then it might not like the Blank CD's you have.

The above Post covers most of this but wasn't there a second ago, which considering the time it was posted is wierd.

OH and deffo dump the other burning software and keep NERO. They don't like each other.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]I don't know what I am doing.[/small]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2004