1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Composing

Discussion in 'Audio' started by IonÅphis, Apr 22, 2005.

1. IonÅphis

IonÅphis Member

Hey all,
    I wanted to ask a maybe far-fetched question but heck, it's worth a try...
    In the a movie witch I can't remember now about a high-school band with the Seven-Up Comercial Guy (he's also in Evolution) there's a part where the dude plays a really freaking hard solo on the drums, holding a microphone to it... In a few minutes, the computer next to it prints out the composition...
    I really don't wanna print it out and stuff, but I'm intrested in a program or THE program that can catch musical notes like that from an external piece of equipment or a song in my computer.. so I can pull off the solo, or at least know the scales witch plays out on them...
    Anybody know what this program is called? Freeware, payed-ware, whatever, I just wanna know the name... Getting will be a future problem...
    thanks
    Åphis

2. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

The Movie? It's called "Drum Line" I believe.

3. ttelrocj

ttelrocj Member

You can try these, I don't personally have any experience with them though.... Not sure if any of those works real well with chords, although melodies and such should work fine.

http://audioto.com/eng/aud2midi.htm - $35 bucks

http://www.intelliscore.net/ - $80 bucks

The stuff they would use in the movie to capture those kinds of drums would probably cost quite a bit more cash.

I use Sonar for mixing and I can convert most any wav, mp3, etc to midi and them see the score. But that prog is several hundred bucks!!

Hope this helps...