1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio errors

Discussion in 'Audio' started by zboy91, Dec 18, 2002.

1. zboy91

zboy91 Member

first I would like to say thanks to the staff for the education, a lot of great info.
    Ok to the audio problem, I have been converting .avi to mpeg-1,2 for 6 months or so with TMPGE then burning with nero to cd-r everything worked fine. upgraded my sound card to the audigy gamer and now tmpge wont let me select the audio source for encoding (gives the cannot open or unsupported error)
    even in movies that have already been partially encoded ?
    Did the new sound card change a setting somewhere ?
    I have tried the digital output sampling rate at 44.1 KHz and also at 48 and 96.
    I have also tried turning ac-3 decoder on and off. Boy if I had a dollar I couldnt buy a clue as to where to go from here.
    help please anybody,anybody
    thanks again for the great site

2. Steady

Steady Guest

I am getting the same problem. When I try select the audio source from the ripped DVD (.ac3) in TMPGE I get the cannot open or unsupported error. Can anybody help.
    Zboy91 did you find out what the problem was.
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Steve

3. zboy91

zboy91 Member

No steady, no one answered the post, I however believe that it has something to do with the 24 bit sound card drivers I installed. planning a clean install on second hard drive (without drivers for sound card) to see if that will remedy the situation.
    Please let me know if you hear anything
    zboy91@hotmail
    thanks

4. Steady

Steady Guest

Let me know how you get on
    ta
    Steady