1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio folder on dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tricky1, Oct 1, 2004.

1. tricky1

tricky1 Member

I know NERO creates an audio folder and a video folder when creating a dvd and any dvd I have read has an audio folder. The folder is empty, is the folder neccesary. I have never tried to create a dvd without the audio folder.
    Just wondering?

2. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

DVDs have an AUDIO_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder. I'm assuming that the AUDIO_TS folder is used for stuff like DVD-Audio, because you're right, it doesn't serve a purpose on most DVD's. Just leave it, I'm pretty sure you can delete it, but it's just a meaningless folder, forget about it. Hope that helps,

-EMAN
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]check out my sites:
    Personal - http://www.lookItsMySite.com (currently in shambles)

Business - http://www.djEntertainment.biz (brand new)[/small]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

On older players the empty AUDIO_TS folder aided in compatibilty, ie some players would not register it as a compliant dvd and therefore would not play it.

However I never (personally, but does not mean nobody had an issue) came across an instance where this was actually correct.

More and more commercial dvd's are being released without the AUDIO_TS folder, which suggests it was actually a myth rather than a rule of thumb.

You can try it without it, and I would expect it to work as well as if it it was included.

I have never included an AUDIO_TS folder and have never encountered an issue because it wasn't there.

Choice is yours really, leave it/remove it/never include it.............
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG] [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  4. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

I've had no problems without the audio_ts folder