1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio for DivX 5

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by BG2, Apr 11, 2002.

1. BG2

BG2 Guest

http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/archive/dvd2divx_anamorphic.cfm

I followed this guide and did everything that it said and the video aspect turned out great. The audio, however, is really messed up. I mean, the audio sounds perfect, but it's out of sync with the movie. The audio isn't matching up with the video. The audio is about 40 seconds off from the movie. Any idea of what is wrong; or what I may have done wrong? Thanks for any opinions.

2. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

3. hermgerm

hermgerm Member

I had one movie up to now, created the same problem you described. It took me some days to figure out what it was. It was so simple and stupid. I hope your problem is as simple too.
    I ripped the movie Moulin Rouge from DVD. After creating my Divx the sound was about 20 sec too early. The reason for this was, the movie started with the logo of 20stCenturyFox which actually not belonged to the movie.
    I don't know how this happend but the audio started at the beginning while this logo was still displayed. So what I did was just start encoding a view seconds after the logo disappeared and ups, the sound was in perfect sync with the movie.
    Hope this helps.

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Audio synch problems are extremely common, but they can be addressed with VirtualDub's audio interleaving settings.